Closed Thread
Page 39 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm intrigued aswell! I love unusual names.
    A few friends have chosen some veeery out there names but they totally suit the kids and the family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quite a few teachers have commented on here already -- I've taught a Blaze, Jaymez (pronounced James), Jorja, Thorn, Kaycee, Jaycee.. So many more & counting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This baby will be Lincoln if it's a boy

I expect to cop a bit of flack for my girl name if bub's a girl, but I don't care. If it's a girl she will be Holly Belle. I will cop flack because she's due on christmas day, and it's SO over the top christmasy people will be like Really? And also because my youngest now is Ben, So I will have Ben and Holly. Lol. But meh, we love the name and we're sticking with it. Bell is my maiden name, so it has special meaning (honouring my deceased father) rather than just being a ridiculously over the top cute christmas name

(Belle is the middle name by the way, her name won't be Holly-Belle just Holly)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (08-07-2015),mrsboyts  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post

I expect to cop a bit of flack for my girl name if bub's a girl, but I don't care. If it's a girl she will be Holly Belle. I will cop flack because she's due on christmas day, and it's SO over the top christmasy people will be like Really? And also because my youngest now is Ben, So I will have Ben and Holly. Lol. But meh, we love the name and we're sticking with it. Bell is my maiden name, so it has special meaning (honouring my deceased father) rather than just being a ridiculously over the top cute christmas name

Lincoln is freaking awesome!

DS has a Marcia in his kinder class. Every time I hear her name I cringe and chant "Marcia Marcia Marcia" to myself.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

I know a girl who was born on Christmas Day, and her parents named her Natalie. So you wouldn't be the first to give your Christmas baby a Christmassy name! I like your chosen name actually, think it's pretty

8. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (08-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lady I know had a daughter this week and called her.........Elvis

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    A lady I know had a daughter this week and called her.........Elvis
    oh my 😐

Thanks
    Reviews

I actually enjoy that parallel. I love Christmas though! I once knew a boy named Noel Carrol.

I toyed with the idea of naming DD Summer. She was due on December 1st, and whenever she was born would have been the 'first day of Summer'. But I loved the name I gave her more

Thanks
    Reviews
    The school I work at this year in Prep have a Cecil, an Allan, a Leslie (boy) and a Herbert!

Unusual names are not for me. I grew up with an uncommon given name and what I wouldn't have given to have a 'regular' name, especially at school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    They're unusual now, but I think those sort of names would have been quite common in my parents and grandparents day. Not the sort of names I'm too fond of myself, although I wouldn't call them "horrible" as such.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

Chooky79  (08-07-2015)