+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've had the hycosy, piece of cake, over and done with so quick no pain during or after

Hello - I had my hycosy with IVF Australia and I have to say it really wasn't that bad. I am needle phobic and terrified at even having a pap smear and so I took 10mg valium (30 mins before), 2 mersyndol day strength (30 mins before) & 2 naprogresic(1 hour before). This may seem a little over dramatic however with my irrational fear I didn't think I could go through with it without the medication.

So, if you're like me and are an absolute nightmare when it comes to these things, you could follow my approach as honestly it wasn't that bad. The painful bit was when they inflated the balloon but it was only for about 30 secs. I asked them to stop for a minute or two to gain my composure and the rest was fine.

My tubes weren't blocked so I can't comment on pain if tubes are blocked - but I suspect it wouldn't be that bad as it didn't hurt when they sprayed the liquid.

Best of luck - my advice, just go and get it over with.

Similar Threads

1. HyCoSy tests, does it hurt??
    By Merlsy in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 29-03-2016, 08:02
  2. CVS / Amnio advice & experiences
    By zooey in forum Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-01-2013, 21:48
  3. Custody battles? advice/experiences
    By Eleven3Eleven in forum Dads Chat
    Replies: 69