+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hales83 View Post
    I think the up to 4 range is for a normal adult not a pregnant person. I'm hoping the cut off for pregnancy is 2.99 not 2.5 like I'm reading, but I think it also depends what pathology clinic you go to...
    My tf4 was 18.9.
    It sounds like everything is within the normal range. 15 - 30 is the range for fT4.

I'm 13 weeks pregnant today and my tsh is 40 and my fT4 is 12 so I've doubled my meds to 200mg. It really sounds like you don't need to worry. Hugs try not to stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Really? My report says possible subclinical hypothyroidism. Hence why I got tested again today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess sub clinical means beginning stages of hypothyroidism? Which explains why your levels seem normal to me (remember I'm not a doctor) the docs probably see something in your levels that I don't

I have already had one successful pregnancy and healthy baby after developing my thyroid disease, as long as you have your regular blood tests and remember to take your meds, all should be fine for you

Unfortunately this pregnancy is high risk but most probably not from my thyroid disease but my poor bub looks like it has chromosal probs

Good luck with your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Under 2.0 is ideal for pregnsncy but mine was 4.3 in the first trimester as your thyroxine requirements go up. My dose increased to 100 mcg and it came down too 1.3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your help
    My Ob wasn't actually concerned with the results it was me that started googling after seeing the report and I've requested to be tested again.

Oh gosh, I hope your bub is ok xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hales83 View Post
    Thanks for your help
    My Ob wasn't actually concerned with the results it was me that started googling after seeing the report and I've requested to be tested again.

Oh gosh, I hope your bub is ok xo
    Are you on any meds (thyroxine)? If so you are best to wait 4-6 weeks before retesting as it takes a bit for the levels to change

Thanks, us too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My GP picked up my pregnancy induced hypothyroidism at about 6 weeks. Apparently there are different 'normal ranges' for pregnancy. I'm seeing an endocrinologist for it who checks my levels every 4-6 weeks to make sure my levels are stable and he tweaks my thyroxine dose if need be. Ive had to have a couple of dose changes. My Obs says its very common in pregnancy and should resolve shortly after delivery.
    Don't know about anyone else but the thyroxine disrupts my sleep but other than that it hasn't affected me too much.
    I was worried that I'd gone 6 weeks untreated but the endocrinologist said that only gross hypothyroidism would affect the baby so there is nothing to worry about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My levels were borderline for hyperthyroidism. I had a repeat test to check levels again as apparently it can make you sick and seeing as I have hyperemesis I don't need to be sicker.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's reassuring bubblesk!
    Are you all still taking your preg vitamins with iodine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, the endocrinologist didn't say it would be a problem.