+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Not Worthy

Every day I struggle with thoughts of not being worthy, worthy of being loved, worthy of being a mum or having friends who I generally push away.

Most days I reckon I could seriously disappear and the only people that would notice would be my boss and my husband.

I dont know if its because I feel I need constant attention from people to feel valued and there are few people who actually do or if its something else. I try to act like I dont care if I dont hear from friends or family (unless I contact them first) but end up making myself more miserable.

What can I do increase my sense of self worth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes I feel like this too. It's really debilitating at times. I feel for you.

Have you tried counselling? Building/improving self esteem can be a long journey but it is very possible.

The fact that you have a husband and a job shows me that you are very valued, capable and loved. Maybe you could try a gratitude journal, mindfulness, taking up a new hobby, doing some charity work or taking time to think about when you have felt best in your life and see what caused that and if there's any ways that you can bring these elements back into your life...?

Hope things improve.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sophisto For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (09-07-2013)