+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default what to do with a clingy & cranky baby?

What do you do when your 6.5mth old doesnt want to be left alone for longer than 5minutes? i cant even pee without him crying about it.
    Seriously though, ive just about had enough. DH agrees that he's not at all a happy baby. After a full night slep 7-7am and a full bottle - i put him in his swing, bouncer, pram, floor and he cries untill i pick him up again. This goes on all day everyday and i have a toddler too, so i cant be holding him whenever he wants. He's too heavy for me to have him in a carrier. I want some SPACE!!! and i want him to know it's ok to be on his own for 5 minutes! I dont know why he grizzles all day long! he's been needy like this since he hit 3mths old. Im just about to go nuts!
    He has a comforter and a dummy - someting we introduced because we were going insane. He clings to these like mad while he self settles for sleeps.

So im up for ideas on what to do with him to help him get over this separation anxiety. It feels like its never going to end.
    And BTW, i wont let him grizzle it out or CIO.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What sort of carriers have you tried? There are loads that are comfy even with quite big toddlers. I still occasionally carry my 18kg 3 year old in my ergo (it is getting too heavy to wear him for longer than 30 mins or so now). Where are you? You should check if there's a local babywearing group near you (have a look on fb) they will be able to help you find something that you can wear for ages.

Or would he be happy sitting in a stroller and going for a walk? Mine have both loved sitting up and watching the world go by at that age, could be worth a try?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm...frustrating... mine used to do this and then one day it just stopped.
    Has it ever got any worse...or better?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I second FL- try a better carrier! These phases do pass, when my littlest went through this recently I just carried her. You could try a woven, very comfy with heavier bubs.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My daughter is 7 months and has been like this since she was born.

No signs of it getting better yet. >_<

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*