+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't stand tail gaters and people who speed .. Rest assured they will end up with a fine or wrapped around a tree ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you start speeding to get tail gaters off your back, you will be sorely disappointed. You'll still be tailgated, there will still be aggressive, intimidating drivers and now you'll have speeding tickets thrown into the mix too - and a possible accident.

Rude, aggressive people are a fact of life, on the road and off. Don't join them. Ignore them, listen to music, drive politely and safely and just think of all the speeding tickets they'll be accumulating and how stressful their life must be, constantly rushing and being angry. Ugh, horrid way to live your life. Be glad you're not like that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You don't want to drive aggressively, you want to be confident but defensive.

You just need more experience in traffic, don't be afraid just run your race.

The more experience you get the more confident you'll feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm guilty of tapping my brakes if some as$hat is riding up as$ trying to get me to speed up. Scares the bejesus out of them and they back up. Smart probably not but does the trick. If people overtake me yelling stuff I just smile wave and keep on driving.

Me(21)
    DH(25)
    DS aka monster(4)
    DD aka moo(2)
    Tank(mastiff x)
    Echo(oz blue cattle)
    =
    **Happy family**

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with PP's about getting your speedo checked. Might be out by 5 k's and make a big difference!

My dad always told me that when driving you should exit roundabouts and corners etc and get up to speed so as not to slow the flow of traffic. I don't speed but I go with the traffic and that helps.

As for other aggressive drivers my DH loves them! When someone sits on his butt he just slows down to about 30 k's. He's not the one in a massive hurry! Ignore the idiots and concentrate on what you are doing and you'll be fine.

Good luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Heartstringz. We must live in the same area LOL. I find it is a huge problem here (maybe it is everywhere now??). I hate hate hate tailgating! I think it is so dangerous. Ever since I saw a tragic story on TV about a horrific accident caused by tailgating I have been so paranoid especially when my kids are in the car! Please don't get involved in the aggressiveness it will only make these situations more dangerous. I think the suggestions of getting more experience along with a defensive driving course are great ideas (oh and the speedo check couldn't hurt either).

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good idea about the speedo thing, if anyone you know has a gps, you can plug it in, and compare the speed reading on the gps with the sepeedo on the car.

Definitely assertiveness, not aggression. I agree that defensive driving would help. How long have you been driving?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    Good idea about the speedo thing, if anyone you know has a gps, you can plug it in, and compare the speed reading on the gps with the sepeedo on the car.

Definitely assertiveness, not aggression. I agree that defensive driving would help. How long have you been driving?
    You can dowload Speedo Apps for Androids (sure they have them for iPhones too) which run off GPS satellites and can give you your speed. My partner annoys me with it while he is driving.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    You can dowload Speedo Apps for Androids (sure they have them for iPhones too) which run off GPS satellites and can give you your speed. My partner annoys me with it while he is driving.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Amazing! There is an app for everything, isn't there...

Feeling like the last person in the world without a smartphone...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Try a defensive driving class. They are (literally) life savers! It will give you the skills and confidence to drive assertively. I would never recommend driving aggressively.
    This. Good advice CakeyMumma. Also invest in a camera that takes video of other drivers front and back. I think they are about $180. You can then use it as evidence to report anything really bad to the police.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (09-07-2013)