+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default FTB threshold-supplements???

Our combined income is over the FTB threshold therefore receive no fortnightly payments.
    Does this mean we will not receive the Supplements?

When I completed our income estimate for the new financial year it said our income was over the limit and our FTB had been cancelled.
    Does this mean that we cannot claim a payment at all for this financial year, or that we have to get it in a lump sum?

I didnt want to cancel our FTB entitlements just reduce them to zero so at the end of the financial year we can be paid according to our taxable income.
    Am I thinking correctly that as it is now cancelled that we are not entitled to claim unless we apply again?

Confused........

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It would depend on when your new income started.

If iyou updated the income for THIS financial year (2013/14) then yeah you'll probably still get them as the supps are paid for LAST financial year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, last year 2012/2013 is fine we will get them for then but I was wondering about 2013/2014 as it said it was cancelled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah you won't get them if it's cancelled from now on, unless of course your combined income ends up being less than the cut off amount after you've done your tax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so annual then.
    Thats cool.
    Will I need to request a reassesment of our income or will they automatically look?

Think it will be a problem if hubby gets made redundant again, works full time but casual contract, for me to start the payments up again?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodness no, if your circumstances change like that then you will get them again unless your annual income is more than the cutoff.

After EOFY next year, I would call them to find out. My gf got over $9k in supplements and ftb A & B in one hit when they did two or three years of returns at once so I don't think it'll be a hassle for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thank you so much.
    So confusing trying to talk to centrelink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tiny Two we're in the same boat - estimated our income slightly high but it pushed us over the limit and they cancelled it. I assume they will automatically reassess after our tax is done but maybe I should check?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

tiny two feet  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I checked today. I went over only by $2000.
    They said that I will have to wait until end of year to find out if ill get anything but will have to apply for the assesment.
    Hubby is on a casual contract so may be made redundant again but all we need to do is call to reactivate it.
    Id rather over estimate and get a small payout than a debt.
    I know someone who created a debt on purpose and only pays $15 per fortnight back.

So rude.