+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sugarskull- our 2 yr old dd is named Emilia and we had chosen Koah for a boy. With this bub we still have Koah on the table for a boy and Lani for a girl. I think the in-laws still aren't a fan of Koah, they don't think it sounds like a grown up name....my dad hates it too. Oh well I love it!

I still think u should go with saige it's so beautiful!!! And I'd so use it if our last name didnt start with s, it just doesn't go!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Waggers - Percy is a nice name. I don't see anything wrong with it.

I don't see anything wrong with many of the names you ladies have chosen! I can't believe how crazy people are about names they don't approve of!

BlueLips- Evie is such a beautiful name. I think it's timeless. I'm truly surprised anybody has said anything negative about that name.

melimum- I hate when people say "it's not a grown up name." What on earth is a grown up name? Lol

I think I need to build up the courage to use the name Saige. It's hard when people make it sound like you're doing the worst thing for your child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellybelly13 View Post
    I have had mainly positive from everyone but the one that hurts is from my mum, she would just call my belly (due Saturday) all these names that she likes and hasn't once acknowledged the name that we like and have chosen, I have said other people like it and her response was that they wouldn't say they didn't like it because that would be rude
    Does your mum realise she admitted she's rude?

The only negative comment we got for DD1's name was "Oh, did you name her after the Sex and the City character?" Hell no, I hate that show. She's named after a Shakespearean character.

A few people looked at us askance when we named DD2 because her name is pretty similar to DD1's. My brother was pretty outspoken about it, but then I was pretty outspoken about the name he gave his DS1, so fair enough. Lol

*eta: forgot to mention, DD2's middle name was a contender for her first name until my sister blurted out that the name sounded "vaginal". She's still mortified about that one.
    Last edited by meatpopsicle; 12-07-2013 at 07:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My BIL and brother are the same. My brother always says "why didn't you name DS something normal? Something like Alexander or Phillip?" He's very old school though. Those names aren't my cup of tea. I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand that we all have different taste.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    Only 1 negative thing was said when we told people our name choices. Someone said oh every man and his dog is called Evie.

Not really

I stopped telling people after this.

And waggers I think Percy is sweet!
    We love the name Evie! We saw a little boy calling after his sister (at a resort we stayed at in Fiji) and he said "come on Evie" and DF and I just looked at each other and smiled, we agreed that its a beautiful name.

The only trouble we have had is trying to find a longer name that we can use Evie as a nickname for... Not too many choices!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!
    Last edited by rainbowbabe; 12-07-2013 at 08:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    We love the name Evie! We saw a little boy calling after his sister (at a resort we stayed at in Fiji) and he said "come on Evie" and DF and I just laughed at each other and agreed that its a beautiful name.

The only trouble we have had is trying to find a longer name that we can use Evie as a nickname for... Not too many choices!

The Evie's I know are E.velyn G.enevieve and E.van. If you wanted a short name, E.va would work (I live that name!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love the name Eva to use Evie as nickname for and that's the one we have chosen for now but I worry about how it sounds with our surname - it kind of makes a new word and its not nice lol. Not able to use Evelyn because that's my cousins name. I am starting to like Evan... Hmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are still TTC but a friend did ask what names we were thinking of and we got lots of eyebrow raising! She even raised her eyebrows at Alexandra!
    I swear the other name, Temperance, got less of an eyebrow raise

DivinelySophistimicated is offline Hrmmm....The beauty that lies within *a blessing*-my day will come soon
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    We love the name Evie! We saw a little boy calling after his sister (at a resort we stayed at in Fiji) and he said "come on Evie" and DF and I just looked at each other and smiled, we agreed that its a beautiful name.

Evangeline or Evelyn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well after reading all of your posts, it has made me realize that you can't win. Some will love the name, some will like the name and the others will hate it.
    I've decided to go ahead with the name Saige and it has made me so happy. I'm much more relaxed now : )

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (12-07-2013),Colbie  (13-07-2013),dancingchipmunk  (12-07-2013),melimum  (12-07-2013),mushiedaina  (13-07-2013),Onion  (28-07-2013),oozzle  (12-07-2013)