+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrusRain View Post
    No it's Jamie. I've never met a male Ainsley. I've taught 2 lovely female Ainsley's though. It's s gorgeous name.
    Thanks & I don't think Jamie is feminine at all!

Me 29 + DH 33 = DD 7 months

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I adore unisex names (especially boyish names for girls- Frankie, Stevie, Maxie, Cody, Jamie etc, love love love!) and we gave DD one. To be honest, I've never met another female with the name, but that's fine. We love it so that's all that matters.
    I take DD to a music group and there was a new teacher there a couple of weeks ago and we went around the circle introducing our babies and I said "This is xxxx", introducing my daughter and this teacher asks "Is she a girl?" Duuuuhhhh!!!!!! Idiot. She is very clearly a female, was dressed in lots of pink etc..
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 10-07-2013 at 08:58.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

MadeWithLove  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    What's wrong with Archer and Ariel??? What do they say?? = /
    Well, for Archer, they have made comments about the TV series, Archer. I love the show. I also get comments about Archery, pretty stupid stuff, nowhere near enough to put me off the name though!

For Ariel, I have family saying they STILL can't believe that I named her after The Little Mermaid.. Seriously, why not? I LOVE The Little Mermaid and the name is soooo pretty! Then they ask if her middle name is Sharon (Former Israeli PM).. It's soooo silly! lol

So, yeah. People can be super silly over names. They'll find something to pick at..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MadeWithLove- You poor babe. I can't believe how cruel some people can be. I'd never say such a thing to anybody. What gives them the right to say that? Or to give you other names? If you truly love the name Maxwell, use it.. I should take my own advice hey lol
    Think of Max from Two Broke Girls. She's freaking awesome! ; )

Melimum- I'm really curious about your baby names. I love unusual/uncommon names as well so I just love hearing other people's choices. Uncommon/unusual names are becoming so normal.. So many women like unusual names. I don't know why people are so negative about it.. All names came from somewhere. Surely all names were weird once upon a time...

BlossomPossum- ouch!

Miados2007- your mil sounds like a lovely lady = / Can't she just put her big girl panties on, accept it and move on? Out of respect for you? That must be so frustrating.

Marigold - you should have replied with "we're letting it decide. One day it wears blue and one day it wears pink." Silly woman.
    We've got friends with two girls names Frankie and Jamie. I think they're cute. I also love the name Charlie for girls.

oozle- Ariel is a beautiful name.. So is Archer. I can't believe you'd get crap for those names.. The Little Mermaid is an awesome redhead so you made the right choice ; )

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

MadeWithLove  (10-07-2013),oozzle  (10-07-2013),~Marigold~  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    My mil spells my sons name wrong on purpose to prove a point to me that she thinks i spelt it wrong. Even though I only changed 1 letter & that variation is actually the Irish correct spelling of the name. Her protest as she never liked it & turned her nose up at it from the start.
    That's just childish on her part. How ridiculous! I would spell her name wrong at all possible opportunities just to give her a taste of her own medicine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As I've said before (in other threads) we named our son Percival (Percy for short) So many people have told us outright how much they hate our choice including my mother who keeps saying that he can change it when he's older. It's disheartening to have criticism dumped repeatedly on you, and occasionally I think maybe we should have gone with a more common name. However Percy's name does suit him. Good luck to all of you

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only 1 negative thing was said when we told people our name choices. Someone said oh every man and his dog is called Evie.

Not really

I stopped telling people after this.

And waggers I think Percy is sweet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggers70 View Post
    As I've said before (in other threads) we named our son Percival (Percy for short) So many people have told us outright how much they hate our choice including my mother who keeps saying that he can change it when he's older. It's disheartening to have criticism dumped repeatedly on you, and occasionally I think maybe we should have gone with a more common name. However Percy's name does suit him. Good luck to all of you

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Ooh Waggers, Percy is one of my names if we ever get preggers & it's a boy! My grandfather's middle name was Percy - love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the female jaimie's have an extra 'i' in the spelling that I've come across. Don't really think of it as being particularly a boy or girl name!

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I know that we'll get comments about our names cause a girl will be Amelia (I have a sister called Amy so I reckon there will be lots of comments about how similar they are) and boy is going to be Connolly (which I know my dad at least will comment on cause of his fave comedian Billy Connolly)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (10-07-2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast