+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With dd the in laws didnt like our boys name because it's too uncommon and my family weren't a huge fan of the girl name because it was too common. No-one said anything overly nasty though.

My family love dds name now and think it suits her perfectly!I'm only 7 weeks but we've already chosen our names for this bub, I tell everyone lol I can't keep a secret so far all positive comments except from my dad who doesn't like our boys name. Really doesn't phase me at all.

I love unusual names and really dislike common overly used names but I'd never be rude enough to bag a name out that I knew someone had chosen.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post

I told them hesitantly. It's - Maxwell.

If its any consolation, I adore that name for a girl! Love love love it!! And if you do as well, do not let anyone change your mind.

DS is Jack and our family hated it, said it was an old mans name but they never told me that until months after he was born and said they couldn't imagine him being named anything else.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MyBubbaJack For This Useful Post:

MadeWithLove  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrusRain View Post
    I'm wondering now if our kids have the same name. I have a DS and all I get is "it's a bit feminine isn't it?" It's very popular as a girls name in the US but as a boys name in the UK. You can't win!
    If it's Ainsley, then yes

I know of 3 Ainsley's over my time. All girls and all blondes. DD is a brunette like me though.

Me 29 + DH 33 = DD 7 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We refused to tell anyone the name we chose until our daughter was born. I was doing relief teaching, so I had a LOT of kids wanting to know.

I figured that I really didn't want to hear peoples' opinions... we were definitely set on the name... and I didn't think they'd say anything negative once she was born. Was right - we've only had positive or neutral (think "oh, how do you spell that?) etc. comments.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Mil said "Don't use that name, the sl*t over the back has that name"

We used it anyway lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    People usually actually say either nothing, or "Oh, that's lovely," or something along those lines.

I often tell them that I think it's bogan and that I shouldn't have been allowed to name a child as a 19-year-old. lol. So it's me being negative.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never heard anyone voice any negative opinions about DD's name. She is named after my much loved and much missed Granny, and I tell people this, perhaps people are simply afraid of dissing the dead!

I have had a few comments about DS's name being "boring" and "common". It was previously a common name, but has not made the top 20 for many years now. Ironically, the person who most frequently criticised our choice for DS named their son Lachlan, which was the most popular name for the year he was born.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Gahhh bugger what anyone thinks! FWIW I love Jamie and Evangeline! Maxwell is cute too, I had a friend called Maxwell (female) when growing up..

I named my latest addition Archer Daniel, I copped heaps for it. Who cares anyway, I love Archer - different but not out there- and Daniel has been a fave of mine forever! Love the song and love my Uncle who had that name.

People will pick at anything given the chance.. Just name your baby and let them suffer if they're silly enough to get their undies in a twist over it.

Ohhhh and you should've heard the uproar in my family over my daughters name, Ariel! Sheesh, it is still going on 3 years later..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by oozzle View Post
    Gahhh bugger what anyone thinks! FWIW I love Jamie and Evangeline! Maxwell is cute too, I had a friend called Maxwell (female) when growing up..

I named my latest addition Archer Daniel, I copped heaps for it. Who cares anyway, I love Archer - different but not out there- and Daniel has been a fave of mine forever! Love the song and love my Uncle who had that name.

People will pick at anything given the chance.. Just name your baby and let them suffer if they're silly enough to get their undies in a twist over it.

Ohhhh and you should've heard the uproar in my family over my daughters name, Ariel! Sheesh, it is still going on 3 years later..
    What's wrong with Archer and Ariel??? What do they say?? = /

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mil spells my sons name wrong on purpose to prove a point to me that she thinks i spelt it wrong. Even though I only changed 1 letter & that variation is actually the Irish correct spelling of the name. Her protest as she never liked it & turned her nose up at it from the start.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast