+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    His grandad still can't say his name and his about to turn 14. At the beginning I often got that is a bit weird, now his name isn't that uncommon. (think unusual biblical name)
    I'm really curious if it's the name we have chosen if we have a boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    All my kids name choices are unusual. I don't like common names at all. I've only ever gotten that's unusual or that's nice comments. Except a boys name I like. Mum said she really didn't like it.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We aren't telling names until the baby is born. There would be nothing worse than second guessing your choices because some body was vocal in their opinion or even if you caught a look or caught the tone in their voice if they were trying to be nice. It was really important to me to have the name picked out prior.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mdk For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (09-07-2013)

DivinelySophistimicated is offline Hrmmm....The beauty that lies within *a blessing*-my day will come soon
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are really set on the name Evangeline but my family doesnt like it- my mum screws up her nose or makes comments and I simply said the other day "I can only imagine the reactions you got when i was named" (my name is uncommon). She still comes over and suggests other names. I wish people would stop suggesting names, we will not choose anything you like because we dont want you to have naming rights of our child!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DivinelySophistimicated For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (09-07-2013),SugarSkull  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DivinelySophistimicated View Post
    We are really set on the name Evangeline but my family doesnt like it- my mum screws up her nose or makes comments and I simply said the other day "I can only imagine the reactions you got when i was named" (my name is uncommon). She still comes over and suggests other names. I wish people would stop suggesting names, we will not choose anything you like because we dont want you to have naming rights of our child!
    Ergh how annoying! I say stick to your guns and everyone else can just get over themselves. Evangeline is a stunning name! I used to cop name suggestions from my MIL all.the.time and I just nodded and said mm hmm! No way in hell lady are you naming my kid!!!!

We have never ever let on about the names we were considering cos once bubba is born its not so easy to bag a name. Go with what you love!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

DivinelySophistimicated  (09-07-2013),SugarSkull  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I noticed that if you mention the name you are thinking of, everyone has an opinion. I learnt that really fast, so I never mentioned what we were going to be calling our boys ever again. I have also noticed that people tend not to say anything if they don't like the name once they are in the world an alive, that works for me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think that is a beautiful name - I love French names!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

DivinelySophistimicated  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So it looks like every name gets some kind of negative comment... Can't win either way.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in the midst of all this atm too. I literally have not found ONE SINGLE name I LOVE the entire time we have been searching.. including the three months we were TTC. DF has a few names he LOVES but I just couldn't find a single one. UNTIL last week!

I finally found one. Just one name amongst the millions that I felt was perfect for my little girl due in Oct. I wanted to keep it to myself and not share for fear of everyone having an opinion and Poo-poo'ing it or casting judgement. But DF insisted we share it with my family.

Now I told them how much stress and worry had gone into this whole process of finding THE ONE PERFECT name for our little girl. And that I finally found ONE name I liked.

I told them hesitantly. It's - Maxwell.

In an instant my entire family, mum, dad, brother & SIL all announced their hatred for it and declared 'that's a boys name!' and proceeded to suggest a lot of alternatives. Including making puns to do with our surname - which is easy to do.

I just cried and walked out. I love it. I don't care what they think, but I do care that my own family didn't have the manners to bite their tongues knowing how hard and long we had searched to find just one single name that I loved. So now it's turned me right off sharing anything with them name wise until after bubs is born.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (10-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evangeline is a beautiful name!

It amazes me how people somehow think that by suggesting alternatives they are somehow helping when you have just told them you like THIS name. Like somehow you must have skimmed over all the ones they have suggested when you were ready lists online or baby name books?!?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast