+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    don't judge their day by the drop off, judge it at drop off Good luck.
    This! Mines just started acting feral at pick up . I watch him for 5-10 mins most afternoons without him realising and he's happy

Edited as I meant to say acting feral at drop off
    Last edited by happygirl1982; 10-07-2013 at 07:03.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

HLE  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    This! Mines just started acting feral at pick up . I watch him for 5-10 mins most afternoons without him realising and he's happy
    I do that too (though only briefly because I pick her up at 6pm....I just want to get home), but she looks very happy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

HLE  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 16 month old DS started daycare about 3 months ago. I had planned to do an orientation... Do shorter days at first with me staying for an hour or so before leaving then picking him up an hour later. But he was fine the minute we walked in! So I left.

He did cry a little bit when I left the first few times but now he just gives me a big kiss and goes to play

He is also one that goes feral on pick up... I have managed to watch him quiet a few times happily playing but the moment he spots me he drops whatever his doing falls to the floor and cries... He is also pretty unsettled for the rest of the evening after school days.

On the sleeping, my DS has always been a catnapper, however there, he will go to sleep on a trundle bed for at least an hour and a half!!

Maybe your DS might surprise you like mine did!

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DewDanni For This Useful Post:

HLE  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd went to daycare at 12 months. She was fully bf and fed to sleep in our bed and had never even slept in her own cot so I was very anxious about how she would go at daycare with sleeping. She adapted within a few weeks. They were very good with her and didn't let her cry it out but stayed and patted until she was asleep. Once she knew that was the routine for daycare, she was fine. Even now she is in the kindy room she lays on her mat at sleep time and goes go sleep whereas at home she will not sleep without me laying with her. With regards to feeding, I sent her with formula but she rarely wanted to drink it. She would wait until I picked her up and we would sit and bf in the car before we drove home. Partly because I was so full of milk I couldn't wait any longer
    They are very adaptable little beings so I'm sure your little one will love it once he gets used to it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

HLE  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the reassurance. We went for brief tour today and he was very quite while was there. Tomorrow is the first orientation day, I am planning to stay there with him for about an hour, getting used to the environment and carers. Hope everything will turn out well. I almost had panic attack before stepping into the childcare center today.