+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson74 View Post
    oh no maybebaby that is so horrible to go through Im so sorry

AFM I got a BFN today so i have to figure out what to do now seeing as my FS told me that my body wont produce follicles seeing as im heading into early menopause and not sure about looking for a egg donor and what it involves so a bit confused at the moment
    Oh Crimson that sucks. Is it worth getting a second opinion? A new FS might have some ideas to get a couple more follicles?

Egg donation is a big step - we each get to that step at different times and in different ways. If it helps, a summary of whta I know about egg donation is as follows:
    - you can use a known donor, someone you know or 'recruit' who has a counselling session, goes through the stims for you, and you get their eggs at the end. On the birth certificate it lists you as the Mother but also says egg donor;
    - you can use a donor through the World Egg Bank if you are a Monash IVF patient. The donors as from overseas, their eggs get flown here, your FS here fertilises them and it goes from there, you get a guarantee of 7 eggs but can buy more, the process costs between $25,000 to $40,000 depending on various factors and can take up to a year;
    - in Australia egg donation cannot be anonymous, after the child turns 18 yrs they can get the donors details, which is why the WOrld Egg Bank doesn't have too many donors that will allow their eggs to come here and why there are limited Australian egg donors;
    - you can go overseas for a donor, popular countries seem to be Greece, Spain, South Africa, Thailand, I think the cost varies depending on where you go. We are going to Greece because DH is Greek and my FS is Greek and has a working relationship with a really reputable clinic in Athens. The entire cost will be around $15,000 to $20,000 including flights, accomodation, the IVF treatment and some holidaying around treatment days. In Greece egg donation is anonymous, we will nver know who the donor was. We are matched to the donor by the clinic based on similarity of appearance and any preferences we have. The birth certificate will just have my name - no reference to egg donor. The success rates (accumulative) for egg donation at my Athens clinic are about 80% (I like those odds!). Coincidentally it's the same clinic as Mary Coustas went to for her egg donor - if you didn't see her story on 60 Minutes you might be able to watch it online.

There is a thread on bubhub for egg donation on Greece that has some links to various sites, try the Serum IVF website - it has some great info about egg donation which is generally helpful. If you google the world egg bank you will also be able to get an idea of how that would work.

But lets hope you don't need to go there just yet, there is a solution for you just around the corner

AFM, I'm now on the pill to down regulate, I start synarel again in a few weeks, then in October I'll be on HRT, so when I fly to Athens on 3 Nov I'll be ready for an embryo transfer after my Greek (egg donor) goddess has her EPU ... 10 weeks to go, I'm pretty excited

Maybebaby, I'm so sorry to hear about your chemical, that's really crap.

Take care both of you x

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

crimson74  (23-08-2013),francesthecat  (22-08-2013),jude15  (23-08-2013),MGC Bertie  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear that Crimson.. what a sad day this is turning out to be. Perhaps consider getting a second opinion.. we recently went to another FS to get new ideas on our options and were amazed at what we learnt in an hour. Was an invaluable exeperience for us. Best of luck to you and bigs hugs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

crimson74  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Terrible to hear about your m/c Maybebaby- not a fan of the term chemical pregnancy cause it hurts no matter when it happens. Hope you have more luck in the future.
    So sorry to hear your news Crimson. I hope your FS helps you move in the right direction whatever that may be.

I do want to wish you all the best for Saturday Frances- it's smooth sailing from here on in.

On a positive note big congrats to Orchids. Those BFPs remind us all why we are on this roller coaster we call ivf!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

crimson74  (23-08-2013),francesthecat  (23-08-2013),jude15  (23-08-2013),Orchids  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh so sorry to hear that Maybebaby. That really sux. Not fair is it. Big hugs to you.
    Also sorry about your BFN Crimson.
    Hope there is something else they can do.
    I'm getting on in years, at a few months off 45 and my FS says that the chances are almost zero!! Don't you love the honesty ! Anyway I'm booked in to see him in a couple of weeks to see what he suggests. I want to do another stim cycle - got 4 eggs last time. Hope I can still get more.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

crimson74  (23-08-2013),jude15  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great info Vixjc on the egg donor process.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson74 View Post
    oh no maybebaby that is so horrible to go through Im so sorry

AFM I got a BFN today so i have to figure out what to do now seeing as my FS told me that my body wont produce follicles seeing as im heading into early menopause and not sure about looking for a egg donor and what it involves so a bit confused at the moment
    So sorry to hear that crimson74 It's not fair. I don't know much about donor eggs, I know there is an egg donor section here & I hope you can find the info you need to decide what to do next. Good Luck.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jude15 For This Useful Post:

crimson74  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Vixjc for your info on egg donation now it just a few months of thinking ahead and see what comes up

Thank you ladies for all your support and i hope you all get good luck in your next cycles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Maybebaby, I'm so sorry. It totally sucks, and I'm thinking of u- take it easy.

Crimson, we r going to try human growth hormone-saizen (somatotropin)... I don't produce lots of eggs and FS said quality was like menopausal... Im hoping this works just to get one quality embryo. It's meant to work quite well to improve quality for peri menopausal women, but is a bit pricy (not PBS). If this doesn't work I think we will be properly researching egg donation too...

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KLM0511 View Post
    Oh so sorry to hear that Maybebaby. That really sux. Not fair is it. Big hugs to you.
    Also sorry about your BFN Crimson.
    Hope there is something else they can do.
    I'm getting on in years, at a few months off 45 and my FS says that the chances are almost zero!! Don't you love the honesty ! Anyway I'm booked in to see him in a couple of weeks to see what he suggests. I want to do another stim cycle - got 4 eggs last time. Hope I can still get more.
    4 eggs is awesome! There is a world of difference betweem zero, and almost zero - so if you want to do another stim cycle go for it!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Lovley Ladies,

I had two blastys transferred this morning. I have 3 embys left that still have some growing to do before they might be freezable. I'm thinking positive thoughts, and have my crossed.

Ive been listening to Lose Yourself and thought this for me is so true right now
    " So here I go its my shot, feet fail me not, this maybe the only opportunity that I got"

" Success is my only my only mother ******* option, failures not !!! "

I'd just like to also thank you lovely ladies for your help and support, I don't know what I would have done without you.