+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 95 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Vixjc! I think it's more the smugness that drives me nuts. I went to a hens on the weekend and saw an old school friend who had just had a baby. She was talking about her plans for the next one - to an extremely minute detail - and it prompted me to ask her if she had any trouble getting her first. she kind of laughed and said smugly that her close friends had mentioned that it wasn't always easy to get pregnant but she had just laughed at them and said 'when I want to get pregnant, ill get pregnant!'. I kind of wonder how she missed that her friend may have said what they said cause they were having difficulty...
    what did make me laugh was when she left, one of the ladies I didn't know said 'omg I wanted to punch her in the mouth with that pregnancy thing'! I'm actually pretty lucky with my friends... But some people can't think outside their own tiny little worlds... Your office colleague is a bit special though

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nicole - that sounds like a huge load for you and your partner to be carrying. I'm really sorry you have to plan so many alternatives, you're so strong. Not sure if you've mentioned this before but maybe counseling would be a good support for such a stressful protocol. It's good having BH to share and vent as I believe it goes a long way in maintaining sanity. I really hope this frostie works for you. Lots of hugs xx

Vixjc - wow! What a douche! People that make such ignorant comments annoy me. They've never faced a challenge in their lives I'm sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole.... there are some really good threads on BubHub for MFI (Male Factor Infertility) and Azoospermia (no sperm) - not sure if you've looked there before. But you mention that you've had some frosties before, is that right? So looks like there's lots of hope for you still xx

Vixjc and Berra.... I just can't believe those stories. I keep thinking there must be lots of us IVF women out there, but obviously it's still a bit of a taboo subject, hence the ignorance of some others. When my workmates start talking babies, I just get up and walk away, because then I don't have to sit there seething, while listening to stories of "accident" pregnancies, and how one teacher just needs to "lose some weight" and she'll get pregnant, and stories of how "terrible" their night was because their baby cried or something. If only they knew....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole.... there are some really good threads on BubHub for MFI (Male Factor Infertility) and Azoospermia (no sperm) - not sure if you've looked there before. But you mention that you've had some frosties before, is that right? So looks like there's lots of hope for you still xx

Thanks for the tip have now checked out these threads, but plan on staying here as well

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole77 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    People say the weirdest things hey - my colleague wasn't talking about me she was talking about someone else very close to her, but I really felt the suckerpunch.

Nicole I really feel for you and am so sorry life has dealt you this hand. You and your DH have so much on your plates. It just isn't fair. I really hope your FS can find you a way through this, that your DH is ok, and that you are getting the support you need from those that mean the most to you.

To all those BFP's - go you good things!

To all the BFN's - I really sorry. That's just $hit. Nuff said. next time, and in the meantime, be kind to yourself x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rtkirk View Post
    Wow alot has been going on since I was last on the forum.

Firstly Moose- I am so sorry about your chemical. Its very cruel to call it that when you go through all the emotions as if it was a full m/c. Just because it happened early doesnt mean you didnt have any fewer feelings about your eggie. Have hope that it will be your turn soon.
    thanks rtkirk, that means a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole, very sorry to hear things are really tough for you on your hubby right now It honestly astounds me when I think about all the obstacles and challenges we all face on this crazy rollercoaster ride. I think its good that you're thinking ahead about your different options but I'm keeping my fingerscrossed that your frozen embie thaws nicely and you get a BFP with this next FET cycle. Take care

Me - 5dp5dt and so far not feeling a thing.. Sorry this is going to be a bit of a long post but its something I really want to share with you all as it may help some ladies think about what other options there are out there - We had an appointment with another FS to have a fresh pair of eyes look at our case and get a second opinion on our options (even though we don't yet no the outcome of this recent FET). I was SO surprised about how much we learnt and am so glad we did it. We have 'unexplained infertility' and new FS gave us some options to consider which were all completely new to us.

Firstly, blood test for me to check for implantation antibodies (anticardiolipin antibody, antinuclear antibody, factor V leidin, lupus anticoagulant).

Secondly, blood test for DH and me to check chromosomal components (karyotype test) [however just realised we did this before starting stim cycle].

Thirdly, checking level of NK cells via endometrial biopsy [apparently there has also been research which suggests that minor 'trauma' to the endometrium through a biopsy ('scratching' the endometrium) can can boost the receptivity of the uterus to an implanted embryo]. Has anyone done this before and what was your experience?

Lastly, CGH test (form of PGD) for comprehensive chromosome screening of embryos. Has anyone done this before and what was your experience?

Apologies if this stuff is widely known to some (or most), its just that this is the first time these options have been discussed with us. Our current FS is happy for us to go straight into another stim cycle if we don't get our miracle with this FET, but knowing what other options are out there gives us other things to consider. Hope this may be of help to some ladies

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow orchids - that is really interesting. I had heard that after a hysteroscopy or D&C there are higher chances of BFP as it makes the lining more receptive, but I didn't know about the other stuff. How exciting and interesting.

It is so great to have options. Sometimes it feels like being stuck on a hamsters wheel. There is an old saying: "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result". This isn't always true for IVF as i do think it is a numbers game, but there has to come a point where more tests etc should be done. I am so so pleased for you that you now have these alternate strategies.

However, having said that big fingers crossed that armed with all this advice on the future, your BT gives a BFP and this appointment was all a waste of time (in the nicest possible way!!).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Bedlover - yep, feeling really excited about things right now
    Despite all the heartache I have to be SO grateful I still have options.

we get our miracle this cycle ...though at the back of mind I know that we'll most likely have to jump on the ivf bandwagon again when we try for no.2 (I know, this is thinking so far ahead!!). Those that were also in the june/july cycle buddies thread know how I felt about current FS when we heard about our chem preg. Lets just say, seeing someone new has certainly renewed my confidence

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just a quick update from me. It's my BT day today but just woke up to AF so I'm guessing I'm pretty sure it's a BFN for me 😢

Thank you to all you lovely ladies for sharing your stories and being my cycle buddies.

I wish all of you the best of luck for your BFP's.

Unless they let me do back to back cycles (pretty sure they won't let you) I can't cycle again now to November. So all the best of luck and baby dust to everyone and hopefully I won't see you on a November thread! oxox