+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BerraBrooder.... the tip is to drink lots of water after EPU. It depends on the individual, but I find a good 2 days, before you're starting to feel a bit more normal again. You'll still keep getting twinges for quite a while.

Samlow... some clinics prefer 3 days, others 5 days. There are equal number of pros and cons to both. My FS actually prefers day 3 transfers, but I absolutely insisted that they grow them out to 5 days. I had previously a 2dt and a 3dt and both were BFNs, but I couldn't tell from that where the problem was. So I said, from now on I would only do day 5 transfers, even if there was only one embie. On my 4th cycle, the embie grew fine to day 3, but that's where it stopped. If I had had a day 3 transfer I would never have known if it was the embie growing or an implantation problem. This time I had 4 embies - on day 3 I had two 8 cell embies - by day 5 one grew perfectly and the other one was lagging behind. If I had transferred one at Day 3, who knows if I would have got the better one? I read somewhere that the stats for a pregnancy with a day 5 transfer is higher than day 3, as you've already weeded out the ones that weren't going to make it.

Some clinics don't like Day 5 transfers as it is more nervous for them - some clinics aren't confident with growing them to day 5, and other clinics like to have better transfer statistics, as some don't make transfer on day 5 (like my fourth cycle). Other clinics say it's better to get the embie back into its natural environment, so prefer day 3, but if you read up about it, on day 3 in a natural pregnancy the embie would still be in the fallopian tubes, where as it doesn't actually get to the uterus until day 4-5, so that's another reason for day 5.

Hope that helps :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    You ladies arent making me feel great about my 3dt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishnhope.... no, no, its just there are lots of pros and cons to each side. I've had to go through heaps of discussions, readings and things to get what's right for me (old eggs, no sperm, many cycles). I look at your signature, and Doctor MGCBertie - you know I'm not a doctor, but I think I now know just a little!! Tongue in cheek there :-))) Anyhow, you have lots of things going for you to say that it's going to work this first time - you're young, your DH has some sperm, it's your first cycle, and look at your results - they're fantastic - 14 out of 14 eggs were mature!!, 11 fertilised and 9 made it to day 3!! The scientists would have chosen the best looking one, with the most cells, and the least fragmentation. And now you have 8 frosties, that next time you will only need an FET cycle. I do have my fingers crossed for you, but I think you're going to easily get this BFP, as it was just a bit of ICSI that you needed for the sperm to do its thing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (23-07-2013)

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    You ladies arent making me feel great about my 3dt
    All of mine have been 3DT one chemie one sticky. You will be fine!

ET FRIDAY!!!! Woo! I finally surged

Angus 4~6~13, loved - wanted - missed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ally!! Woohoo such a long time coming!! Good Luck for FRIDAY!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF started today, scan blood tests and pick up injections tomorrow...eeeek! I'm totally glad the wait is over and the ball is rolling but very nervous as a first timer!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tandi For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (23-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsathoughts - hope your egg collection goes well tomorrow. I've had lining issues before & take high dose vitamin E during my cycle which has improved things for me - not sure if starting that would help, you could check with your clinic. Sharon69 - sometimes it takes a while to get things going - hope something happens for you soon. WishnHope - congrats on being Pupo! I've seen a number of ladies in threads in my time on bubhub who have gotten their bfp from a 3dt. I'll be having a 3dt too! Hello & Good Luck to everyone else afm Day 5 on Puregon, BT tomorrow. I'm on a higher dose than last time & can really feel the difference. I'm having twinges already! So fed up with my clinic! The admin staff are poor & communication system is awful. I had a question for my FS, had to relay it through a nurse, all she wrote down was my name & 'ask question for her'. I asked her if she had got what I wanted to ask ok or if I should repeat it, she said she'd got it, they called me today with an answer to a totally different question... sigh. It's like playing Chinese Whispers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck Tandi! You'll do fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks maybebaby👍
    Lotsathoughts my acupuncturists has told me he's going to do a treatment for thickening the lining when that time comes in treatment. I can't speak from experience at this stage but it may be worth looking into it? I'm going for a sesh this eve so will ask him😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aaaah maybebaby, I was wondering what the vitamin E that I've been prescribed is meant for!