User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default gallbladder surgery?

Anyone had this done?
    I'm due to go in on Wednesday and am a bit nervous. I know its meant to to be quite straight forward bit waswondering how long till I can get back to normal duties. I have 3 kids and dh will be back at work the following Tuesday
    me 29DH 35
    Jacob 27/11/06 Aiden James 12/05/09
    Angels 09/04 & 07/08
    Laila May born 03/06/2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my gallbladder removed whilst I was pregnant, the recovery was a bit longer due to being pregnant but you do need a good week or 2 to recover and not lift anything heavy. Best of luck with your surgery and recovery!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

jdsmummy  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had mind taken out last week. It was emergency surgery so I wasn't prepared at all. I came home the day after. It's now 4 days later and I'm still quite sore but that may be because I picked up my 14kg daughter when I'm not meant to lift over 5kgs, oops! I am able to so most things, went to the shops the day agter and have done light cleaning but I definitely feel if I overdo it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had mine taken out 18 months ago, I was a nervous wreck and was googling everything in a hope that I could somehow avoid the op.. but after having 5 attacks in 6 months I knew I never wanted to experience that pain again. Surgery was quick and was home that evening. I found it uncomfortable to sleep but pain meds were great. It took a good 10 days for me to get back to work. Wishing you all the best!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mariah73 For This Useful Post:

jdsmummy  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would give yourself 2 weeks to rest afterwards... but it's not like you'll be in agony all that time, just a bit uncomfortable, maybe a little slower moving due to discomfort, etc.
    I've now lost 42kg thanks to my gastric sleeve surgery!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps4765124b.jpg