+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omg... Shouldn't have read Head Over Feet's post as I too have a 14mth age gap... Forewarned for 4/5yo!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleB View Post
    Omg... Shouldn't have read Head Over Feet's post as I too have a 14mth age gap... Forewarned for 4/5yo!
    sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Actually who am I kidding. I hate parenthood. I can't wait for it to be over...

I have poured so much time, attention, love, affection, money , sacrificed my whole life

And he's actually an aresehole. There I said it..rude, disrespectful, ungrateful, just a pig of a child.

And who's fault is it? Mine...I'm a crap parent.

I can't wait till its over and my life is mine again....there I said it..now flame me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post

I have poured so much time, attention, love, affection, money , sacrificed my whole life

And he's actually an aresehole. There I said it..rude, disrespectful, ungrateful, just a pig of a child.

I can't wait till its over and my life is mine again....there I said it..now flame me.
    You're describing how I believe my mother views my 14yo brother. That's how I feel about my 14yo brother anyway and I'm pretty sure it's universal in the family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post

I'm sure you're not a crap parent at all and I'm positive no one will flame you for feeling that way. Hugs hun
    You're doing the best you can
    I spend many a moment wishing I had been happy with my life before and just left it at that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I'm sure you're not a crap parent at all and I'm positive no one will flame you for feeling that way. Hugs hun
    You're doing the best you can
    I spend many a moment wishing I had been happy with my life before and just left it at that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I found it easy with my first baby. My son wasn't as easy and has been my most challenging by far. My 3rd is just a beautiful baby. She is so easy and happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    But I do want to add that babies are way easier than toddlers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So much harder!!

When he was a newborn I kept thinking "omg what are people talking about? This is so easy!"
    Now he is 14 months - I've considered putting him in a 'free to a good home' box on the side of the road some days.
    He is a really wild child, I imagined a baby that would sit with me for cuddles on the lounge, etc. No way would my son do that - he's on the go from the minute he opens his eyes til the minute he closes them again.

Sometimes I wish I had been happier before kids, I really thought a baby would make me feel 'complete' but realistically I just feel exhausted and on edge.

I thought I'd have another one straight away but once he was about 8 months old and I realised how wild he is, I changed my mind lol
    Now I'm not sure if ill ever have another one coz I never want to go through this stage again!

Waaaah what a bad mum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nothing like I expected.

i thought my friends would be more supportive, I thought I'd have more family support, doting Uncles etc. in reality it's lonely, and friends and family are more likely to judge than help.

It's so much harder than I ever imagined. So many times I have no idea what the right thing to do is, how to solve the problems that arise, or how to react the best way.

And the mess and noise is harder to cope with than I expected. I had visions like from a tv sitcom I guess. Reality is my house is messy again a few hours after cleaning and tidying, my kids whinge and cry more than I expected, and keeping bedrooms tidy is not as easy as simply telling kids to tidy them... Who would have thought? Lol.

I have a whole new understanding and appreciation of my parents and cringe when I think of things I said before I had children.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (10-07-2013)