+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    I expected the newborn stage to be really hard, and was always told before having DS1 that things get easier and easier as they get older. Well I wasn't prepared for the opposite - give me a newborn over a toddler any day! I have found the older DS1 gets the more challenging he gets, the harder parenting gets and the more I question whether I am doing the right things. God help me when my boys are teenagers!!

ETA: On the flipside, I never expected to get so much joy from watching this tiny little dependant creature transform into an independant, strong, funny little boy with a wicked sense of humour!
    Exactly this! I was so cruisy when my DS was a newborn. He was the best baby until around 6 months and then it all went downhill lol. I love my boy to death but he turns 1 on Wednesday and I'm finding it so much harder now. How do you all get things like dinner get cooked etc with a clingy toddler? I'm finding it very challenging but breezed it through it when he was a newbie.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hugely harder than I thought. I was in a new country, away from all of my family support, and my partner was working really long hours as a truck driver. Then came along baby no2 and I just fell apart, as he had colic, I still had no family support, got massive sleep deprivation, coping with screaming baby and toddler, partner interstate truckdriving, and he wouldn't believe I had PND. I was very close to doing something permanent to myself or one of my kids. Thank goodness my sister came over to Oz, and rescued me, took me home to NZ, and I lived with Mum for 8 months until I stabilised.

Mothering a baby with colic for 6 months was hands down the most traumatic experience of my life.

Now I'm a solo mum with 3 sons,the worst is definitely behind me, but yeah, it certainly took it's toll. I'm not the same person I was before that's for sure!

I love my boys, but wow, if I'd known what it was going to be like beforehand, I might have stopped at ONE!!
    Last edited by MilkingMaid; 08-07-2013 at 18:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, for the most part My DD is pretty laid back, and I've also had a fair amount if experience with kids in the past (so I knew it would have ups and downs).
    I didn't expect her crying to have such an effect on me though lol, when she gets really worked up I cry too (while DH laughs at us both for being silly lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I didn't really expect much - I didn't plan to have a baby, and was barely out of high school when I fell pregnant, so it wasn't something that I really ever thought about.

I do think in my head I was extremely selfless as a parent... I assumed all mothers ceased to have any desires of their own the moment they had children. So... yeah, I see that was a naive bunch of crap. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Much harder, but much more rewarding. Most of the time the house is a mess, but meh. Love my little crazies!

Big boy '08
    Little girl '11
    Babyface due Feb '14

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes the love is intense. I fell head over heels in love with DD. I could stare at her all say and just watch her sleep.
    Even though it's all consuming I miss has when I'm not with her (like if I nip to the shops for 20mins and she's with DH).

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Way harder.

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes and no.
    I knew iv always wanted to have kids (you know "when i grow up" stories you do at school when your young!? i used to say to be like my mummy... she was a sahm)

It is harder than what I though, but so much more rewarding than I thought too
    I also had a somewhat unrealistic view on what a life as a mum would be (I assume from tv lol)
    I thought if go along to mothers groups and make all these awesome mummy friends.... Well one that I go to, I'm the youngest (19) and the next oldest is 34. Nothing wrong with the women at all! But it's still somewhat "awkward" because if the age gap. I then went to one for young mothers... Well lets just say I went twice and no longer see them haha -.-
    And that I'd potter around the house while my kids played happily... Playing at the park and doing all these other activities with my kids.... It just doesn't happen lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was more prepared for the "bad stuff" with my 2nd baby. But even then, i still didnt expect i'd struggle so much AGAIN.
    With my 2nd baby i breezed through the first 3 months. Feeding and sleeping down pat. He was a contented, go with the flow bub. I thought i'd hit the jackpot! I felt really good about myself and the world. Then he hit 4 months and it's been pretty much HELL since then. AND it's so much HARDER with a toddler as well.
    I was not prepared for how difficult it would be having a baby and toddler.
    But then we have moments like tonight...I walked into the lounge to find my 2yr old singing a song and reding DS a story before they went to bed. My heart melted and i am so greatful i have my two babies, so close in age who just adore eachother.
    I thought having a 2yr old would be alot harder than it currently is. But DD is an awesome little girl (awful as a baby though!!) maybe im in for it when she hits 3

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had no idea the pure anger and rage I could feel toward someone I loved so much.
    I have nearly internally combusted at times.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (09-07-2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast