+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's harder than I expected for sure. My DD was a really easy newborn plus I had lots of help, so the first few months had me thinking this whole parenting this was easy as! But then she stopped sleeping (at night and during the day), she got sick, I had to go back to work and everything just started going downhill.

My DD is amazing. She's seriously just the best. Super happy, very outgoing, a lot of fun, really loving. By she is SO much work. She constantly needs to know everything, needs to know why we do things, she always wants to keep busy and do activities, and she just does not sleep! So I guess overall, parenting is a lot more exhausting than I thought. I wake up tired, I go to bed tired, I don't sleep properly because I'm always half awake to make sure DD is ok. I just honestly feel like I could always sleep for a week straight.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    With my first child, the main thing I wasnt expecting was to lose soo many friends. I was young when I had him and my friends were still partying etc. so I didnt fit in anymore. DS was an amazingly good baby so being a mum was "easier" than I expected.

This time around, nearly 9yrs later, I didnt have many friends to lose and infact the ones I had have stayed. What I didnt expect this time around was to adore her soo much....dont get me wrong, I absolutely love/cherish/adore/etc. etc. my son, but this feels soo much different. I dont know if its because DD is a girl, because Im older, because she is my second...I dont know what the reason is but I am absolutely infatuated with her and she has given me new appreciation for my son too.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

mrsboyts  (08-07-2013),xkokox  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A million times harder than I expected. I can't believe how much I worry about everything, her feeding, her sleeping, her pooing, her development. I love her to death and wouldn't change a thing but it can be so overwhelming at times. I feel like I am wishing away the weeks til things get "easier" when I should be relaxing and enjoying it but I just can't.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scatchy For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So much more harder then I ever could have imagined, and I don't know why. I knew there would be sleepless nights, I knew there would be constant crying, I knew there would be poo explosions, I think I just couldn't comprehend the reality of it until it happened.

I had plans of helping dh with all his paper work, taking dd for walks every day and getting back to the gym. We're now at 9 weeks and the only way I can see it getting easier is if I switch from breast feeding to formula.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    No matter how much I thought I was prepared and that I had an idea of what it would be like I've found it even more difficult.
    I think anyone who thinks it's easier than expected is either really lucky or hasn't gotten to age 2 or 3

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (09-07-2013),headoverfeet  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear ya disbride. I had no idea breastfeeding would be so time consuming. I understood it would be hard, but dd (6 weeks) is a mad cluster feeder. I also find myself getting frustrated more than I expected. Dh is home with me still so I haven't even had the worst of it yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my children were newborns, I found it much harder then I ever could expect (when I say hard I mean I wanted to throw myself off a cliff most days). Severe PND and anxiety mixed in with back to back pregnancies and trouble with food allergies/intolerances took its toll on my mental health and robbed me of enjoying early motherhood.

Im all better now and I will admit that apart from the tantrums, I love being a mother to toddlers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    God no, it's so much harder then I expected!

Give me a new born any day, love the night feeds and all that, but having a ASD, ADD and ODD daughter on my own from a young age with no family or friend support and working full time was bloody hard!

Because of her needs I've had to now give up work and I struggle with that as ive always wanted to work!

Add another child into the mix and some days are terrible.

We have our good days, but no it's not what I thought it would be, I never ever thought I'd be a single parent doing it all on my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    With my first child, the main thing I wasnt expecting was to lose soo many friends. I was young when I had him and my friends were still partying etc. so I didnt fit in anymore. DS was an amazingly good baby so being a mum was "easier" than I expected.

This time around, nearly 9yrs later, I didnt have many friends to lose and infact the ones I had have stayed. What I didnt expect this time around was to adore her soo much....dont get me wrong, I absolutely love/cherish/adore/etc. etc. my son, but this feels soo much different. I dont know if its because DD is a girl, because Im older, because she is my second...I dont know what the reason is but I am absolutely infatuated with her and she has given me new appreciation for my son too.
    This is the same for me too.

But at the moment the fighting between the two are driving me insane!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's harder than I expected, mostly as he has gotten older and cheekier lol

What I didn't expect was the full on emotional rollercoaster that comes with parenting. I never in my life thought I could love someone as much as I do my DS. The powerful kind of love that you would die a million times over just for them kind of crazy love! It's insane but true