+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Harder coz I thought all babies just sleep! Boy was I wrong!

Harder coz trying to discipline a 3 yr old and teach him right from wrong is tough. I didn't expect to have to repeat myself every 15 mins.

But I love them and still think they're tops

2. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was surprised by the constant back ache. From hours of rocking or feeding or bending down to baths or trimming toe nails or cleaning up toys. It never ends and my back just hurts.

It's a lot tougher than I thought it would be. Especially since my eldest is now developing this pre teen attitude thing and is so dramatic. I'm in for a lot more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Certainly is not what I expected, though when I think about it, I don't know exactly what I expected. She was a crying, peeing, eating machine who couldn't even look at me ... now that she is 6 weeks and smiling and cooing and interacting though, she is amazing. Apart from the major feeding issues we have had she's been a great baby and I have been lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear you on the backache I'm all bent over all the time and it's killing my back. Plus I'm akward freezing so I curl up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes and no.. Babies are far easier than I ever thought.
    My 12 year olds attitude is something else though.. I was never this disrespectful to my parents. If I was I would've copped the cane end of the feather duster.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (09-07-2013),sunnyflower  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I'm not as good at it as I thought I would be. I thought the house would be clean, dinner made, baby sleeping. Also thought I could do the whole 'let them cry' thing.
    My house is a pigsty, dinner is always a mad dash, my baby doesn't sleep but does cry a lot. And there is no way I'm comfortable with letting her cry it out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

angelini  (08-07-2013),Disbride  (08-07-2013),jagamoe  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coming from a childcare background and being an aunty to 11 has given me a pretty realistic expectation of what it is like. I was actually expecting to be more sleep deprived than what I am. DD is a very easy baby. She is only 9 weeks (today) so we shall see how it all goes as she gets bigger. I'm hoping that looking after such a wide variety of children will have taught me to expect nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    I guess I'm not as good at it as I thought I would be. I thought the house would be clean, dinner made, baby sleeping. Also thought I could do the whole 'let them cry' thing.
    My house is a pigsty, dinner is always a mad dash, my baby doesn't sleep but does cry a lot. And there is no way I'm comfortable with letting her cry it out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Same. As the boys have gotten older it's gotten better.

I remember thinking I'll be the perfect little housewife, not a thing out of place. Ha! Sometimes the place is the floor, for a week

But it has gotten better. It really has and now we are just happy. It's all I really care about.

Hugs JR.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Being a mum is pretty much what I thought it would be..maybe a few more nappy changes than I expected though!

Being a mum of 2 under 2 however has not been what I expected. I'm struggling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly I found the newborn stage to be one of the most boring times of my life! I had so much time on my hands that it was frustrating. I'm glad DD is a little person now as it's busier and "fun" for the most part. While I don't want DS to grow up too fast, I do want him to start doing more as he's a bit boring now too haha.

Growing up I was surrounded by kids and I had quite a hands on role in "parenting" my cousins as my aunts had severe PND and I'm a lot older than my cousins. So having my own hasn't been that different to what I expected. I still don't think I'm a very "maternal" person but I think I mostly do alright at this "mum" business.

However being a step parent has been entirely different to what I expected.