+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love so much about our new house (that's why we bought it )
    - I love how big it is (5 beds 2 bathrooms)
    - I have sooooo much storage
    - my huge kitchen that overlooks our big backyard
    - our sunken toy room that is screened from view by a low partition wall so the toy room can be trashed and you can't see it from the rest of the house yay!
    - minimal gardens as we are not green thumbs
    - our house is in a tiny cul-de-sac of 5 houses and the kids all play outside together while we have wine and nibblies. So nice!
    After coming from a tiny 3 bed 1 bathroom house we really appreciate heaps about our new home

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Location location location. 1km out of the city, 500m from expansive parkland, great cafes and shopping on our doorstep, playgrounds playcentres, museums, galleries, libraries, zoo, bars, markets, cinemas all right there. Nothing further than 3km or so. Great school zone, 10 minutes to work for both DP and I (walk/bike ride- no peak hour for us!) and to top it all off a fabulous village feel and great community that make you feel like you're in a small town not a huge city. Plus the neighbours are lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oooh, so much

-I love the location. Close to the beach, close to shops & one of my favourite streets. Close to public transport. Easy drive to the city.
    -The size of our block. So much potential, and room for our crazy dog to run around.
    -Its character. Built around 1915, and I love the features such as old fire places, slate entry, ceiling roses, stained glass etc.
    -The size of our bedrooms
    -The beautiful built in wardrobes
    -Our bathroom. It's fairly recent (probably mid 90s), but done to suit the style of the house.
    -The layout is great for entertaining. Back patio leads on to the kitchen, which leads on to the lounge.
    -Our spa. My partner installed it and it's beautiful so sit in on a chilly night.

Hmm... I'm having trouble thinking of much else at the moment, as there's plenty I don't like too :P
    Last edited by Renn; 08-07-2013 at 10:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The kitchen :-) so much bench space and I love it!

The flat backyard that one day will be awesome for our kids to run around in (if we are still renting here and my friends dog is gone!). There will be plenty of space for trampoline, swings etc and maybe a veggie patch if the owner lets us and we stay long term

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The backyard is huge and there's plenty of windows for the sun to come in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like the lounge room, it feels cozy and comfy and I like to be in there.

I like the fact that we are surrounded by neighbours, makes me feel safe.

I like the fact that its only 320 a week! Win win...

Thanks
    Reviews
    The location.

City views from balcony.

That I can vacuum the whole thing without having to change power points.

No garden (we're in an upstairs apartment).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My neighbours!!! Our kids all play together and we have dinner parties at each others houses this is why we can't move!!

I love my big kitchen and the fact that we have a playroom and all of dd's toys can stay down there.
    Living on an acre with no one behind us just a creek and some cows.

I also love our double shower in our ensuite best thing ever!! And just the space we are lucky to have big house on a big block

Thanks
    Reviews
    Location: 2kms from the city centre but surrounded by green space, great schools, shopping, resturants, cafes all under 10 minutes walk from our front door.

History: Our house was built in the late 1880's, I'm in the process of putting together a paper/book on its history.

Land: We have enough for me to have the gardens I want. Austalian natives/bush food in the front and room for veggies, small orchard and kids play area out the back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So jealous of all the big houses! Our house is tiny.

BUT- love the location: 10 km from the city and half a km to the beach. It's suburban but lots of lovely pubs & cafes within walking distance.

The house is small but perfectly formed - big kitchen & open plan living area. Love having an old weatherboard with character.

I also love the diversity - there are cheap townhouse rentals full of young people, small subdivided homes with middle income owner occupied families, (dodgy) government housing & million dollar plus houses all on the same street. I love that my children are growing up in an area with people who all look different & that there's no "status quo".