+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Daycare is a major stress

As I'm a shift worker..daycare does my head in! Trying to find someone who can just do certain days etc.
    I thought I had found the place.but now that isn't working out and I'm back to square one. I just want to cry.
    I can't change jobs. There is nothing out there for me at the moment.

I just don't know what to do. Finding daycare is so hard.. So many I have seen are gross.

I suppose this is just a vent because I am so upset about having to look for something again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs. I have similar issues and it really sucks. Would work agree to give you certain days that you can get care on at all? Might work out better for them if the alternative is losing an employee over it.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It really is sad how many centres are just not up to scratch. I hope you find something suitable soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. Yeh I'm thinking of asking for set days on shift. But with the way the roster works I don't see that happening because we all rotate around. I will definitely ask though.
    Just looked online and I have found one that sounds good to look at. I'm hoping so hard that this one is great.
    Feel bad for my boy too. I think there is a bit of guilt there. I wish I could be with him 24/7. Augh

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I have got it through my head that I'm just going to have to pay for a full week or care even though some weeks I will only use it once. Even then no where around me had a vacancy
    So now I will take one day at the place I wnt and hope a full time spot comes up soon.
    My poor boy being moved around ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pisang. What about a Family Day-care? I'm not sure but maybe they would be more able to be flexible with you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did have him in family day care but it didnt work. I just went to the best centre around me and still it didnt wow me. I think I'm going to just had to settle for that one. No other choice. And to start paying for days I don't need. Why don't some places cater for shift workers? There are so many shift workers out there but I any find any that will work with me. I understand why but still!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've done shift work for years. No real advice, just letting you know you aren't alone

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work a rotating roster too. it is so hard to find the kind of childcare we need. I wish employers were prepared to be a little more understanding, sometimes I wish I could quit my job and stack shelves at Woolies!

Is there an occasional care near you? Some people I work with use occasional care.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    what about an au pair?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

mummtime101  (08-07-2013)