+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 7mth old facing parent or the world when in a pram?

As the title suggests, I'm trying to work out when to turn my baby around in his pram. He's at an age where he likes to sit up and look around, but he also really loves (well at least he looks as though he loves) having eye contact with me when out and about. I have a pram that can face either way and was just wondering at what age others have chosen to face their baby out to the world?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I mix and match - sometimes facing forward and sometimes facing me. Have done since about 7 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always turned her out, so from birth here. DD always preferred looking at the world than mummy, never seemed bothered she couldn't see me. I would want to see the world if I was a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I never did! DS always faced me until he stopped using the pram - I found it nicer to talk to him or when he was eating snacks in the pram it was easier to watch him ! He could still see everything and where he was going , he loved the pram and it was never a problem getting him in - unlike a lot of my friends whose babies/toddler hated their prams as they only faced outwards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I prefer her looking at me but turn her when she's unhappy or the sun is in her eyes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I mix and match - sometimes facing forward and sometimes facing me. Have done since about 7 months.
    Yep this is me too and still now at 16 months ill alternate between facing out or facing me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD is 15 months and is only just facing the world now... And that's only when DS is in the pram too (so using it as a double).

I loved chatting to DD about everything we could see on our walks etc. it's not the same with her so far away.

The only times previously (before DS) she would face out would be if the sun was on her too much facing me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 2.5 now, but I turned him early as we bought a dumb pram that turned like a pig if it facing me. Def spending extra on a decent pram next time. Mind you, that one was still 200 plus...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is 8 months and when tired she faces me and when out for a walk I face her out to look around more at the scenery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pram we bought didn't have the option to switch so my son has been facing out since birth. He loved looking at all the different colours and things. I would still talk to him and describe things to him as we walked. There was a little window in the hood so I could see him too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app