+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I lost my wallet :-(

I'm so upset I need someone to tell me they got over a lost wallet an its not the end of the world!!
    I'm not even sure if I lost it or if it was stolen. I went to the shops and had my bag on the pram, I should have zipped up but I rarely do... anyway made some purchases and then browsed some shops, let DD run around a bit and ran after her a couple of times (leaving pram and bag not far) went to the car and home and boom no wallet. DH went looking and asking security if anyone handed in the wallet but nothing.
    The wallet itself is worth $400+ and was a gift, I'm sure if it was stolen they would have taken the cash and dumped my lovely wallet in the trash... that's what really bugs me the most!!!
    DH isn't upset with me but he got all flustered thinking someone is going to max out the credit card (which I took care of) that he really didn't have a word to make me feel better... Willowing in my own selfpitty atm

Thanks
    Reviews

I had mine stolen from my car when I was taking groceries inside a few years ago. It had $100 which was all my money for the week (was single mum at the time) and I was devastated.
    I didn't get anything back but still reported it. Have you called your local shopping centre or police station to see if anything has been handed in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The more I think about the more I'm sure it was stolen, I would have noticed if it had fallen off the bag as it was pretty big and colorful... to steal from a bag hanging on a pram while mum is running after a toddler... serious bad karma I hope!
    I made a police report just in case, and the shopping centre has my number and description of the wallet. I've also put my Facebook privacy setting down so that if someone found it and is looking for me on Facebook they'll find me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my purse "stolen by finding" as the police called it, the night before my 18th birthday. Which meant I couldn't go clubbing the next night as I had no ID! It really sucked so I feel for you!

Mine did eventually make it's way back to me (money didn't though) but I ended up throwing it as it just felt dirty to me iykwim.

Hopefully it just fell somewhere and a Good Samaritan gives it back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh no hope your ok. It's a sick feeling . Keep a eye on your credit report incase they try to do fraud with your Id etc . You can register with Veda I think and they notify you if someone tries .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ciaomamma... and other ladies that had your purses taken ...
    My heart does go out to you... the thought of someone using your CC or other cards... stealing your ID... your personals.... The INconvience The FEAR

I had my lovely I4s Iphone taken on mothers day this year.I put it on the toilet roll holder, whilst I did my business ( geezz I didn't want it to fall out of my pocket, or me drop it in the toilet !!!!! ) anyways finished business, and walked out, had coffee with my girls, then went to the car and realised my PHONE !!!! I walked around the shops for hours... incase someone had handed in my phone.. The lovely man at the coles counter let me use the phone to call hubby and tell him what happened.. He activated the app "Find me Phone"... I dont have a pin on my phone either FAAAARRRRKKKK that had all access to my emails, contacts, personal journal, EVERTHING !!!!!!
    I never got it back For all those brisbane people... I lost it at New Farm... later that evening we got an email saying that it had been Found in Anne St, Brisbane City .... Soooo whoever took it, turned it off then turned it back on when they went to the city. As soon as they came into a service area it gave us the location. We even sent my phone a txt saying " this phone is lost please call ..... number" But nothing I felt soooo out of touch with the world not have a phone for a few days until I had arranged for a temp one ... Many Many Many attempts later I finally got onto Optus and got them to put a complete bar on my phone... So even if they put a new sim in my phone they still can't use it. But even now I still miss my phone.. I have Not taken a photo of my girls since mothers day