+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't serve 'kid friendly' food. DS eats what we eat. If we are going somewhere and I know he wont eat what is being served I just pack and take along his own dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I never ate pizza as a kid. I don't particularly like it now either...

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If I had an adult with special dietary needs, I would cater for them. I would cater for vegans or vegetarians. If I knew certain guests didn't like particularly foods, I wouldn't serve them. Likewise, I would cater for the children, depending on which children were coming and what I knew they liked to eat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm in the minority then. I don't have an issue making a simple pasta or some plain veggies or a 'pick' plate for kids who come over and don't want what we are having.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I've invited someone to my house I'll do what I can to make them feel welcome and comfortable, and that includes serving them food they like so I'm happy to make their kids something plain and simple if they want.

'Kids meal' doesn't have to mean nuggets and chips though, and it doesn't mean their kids just eat garbage. A lot of my friends ask for pasta and veges, or steak/chicken and rice and veges for their kids.

I would never expect small kids to eat oysters and marinated artichokes. (Actually I'd check if the adults would eat it first too because quite a few adults don't like oysters either...)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've never really had 'kids food' much in this house. Sometimes we make chicken strips and wedges in the oven, but we all have them because they're sooo yum!
    I had fussy kids come for a recent birthday party.. They ate everything I made though, with some kids it's in their head that they don't like healthy food. I made chickpea and vege rolls that 'looked' like sausage rolls, and meatballs with so many veg stuffed in them. The kids just assumed they were junk food and scoffed them.

If I go to someones place for dinner, my kids will always eat some of what they serve up. They would eat the steak with cous cous, not Oysters though..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In saying that though, if I was making a fancy dinner for guests with kids, I would also make an Apricot Chicken with rice or Sticky Wings with vegies like I would for my own.. My kids would call these 'kids meals'. The whole idea of fried kids meals needs to change..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If I invited a couple with kids over for a fancy dinner, I'd ask the parents if their kids will eat whatever it is I'm making. If not, I'll ask the parent what they will eat and cater for them too.

I would want everyone to have a relaxed and enjoyable time, and for the parents not to stress over their kids being fussy about not eating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I never ate pizza as a kid. I don't particularly like it now either...
    Well there you go Sassy, I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say they don't like pizza. I'm shocked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    Well there you go Sassy, I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say they don't like pizza. I'm shocked
    I have 2 friends who don't like pizza!