+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macks View Post
    Hi, we've adopted recently and there were no costs involved at all apart from the legal fees we paid a lawyer to legalise our littley.
    I am guessing this was local? For international you have to pay around $4k upfront just to do the home study and life story etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    I am guessing this was local? For international you have to pay around $4k upfront just to do the home study and life story etc.
    Hi, yes sorry didn't include that. We did local adoption

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    How far along in the process are you if you don't mind me asking?
    This would have been our third o/s adoption. I'd been told as a teen that I would not be able to have children. During one of the long waits that are so common during the adoption process we decided to have one try at IVF. Lo and behold it worked and so now we have two adopted and one biological child!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    This would have been our third o/s adoption. I'd been told as a teen that I would not be able to have children. During one of the long waits that are so common during the adoption process we decided to have one try at IVF. Lo and behold it worked and so now we have two adopted and one biological child!
    Congrats! I am beginning to think our social worker was a *****, oh well we have made our decision not to proceed years ago now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ange1111 View Post
    Am I correct that overseas adoption I'd need to be under 40? I'm 42 next month.

I'd love to adopt from Indonesia but the rules there are that you need to have lived their for two years! ?
    Some countries impose age limits, some don't. Some have maximum/minimum age gaps they will allow between the adopting parent and their child. For example Thailand generally doesn't refer babies/toddlers to over-45s.

If if you are resident in NSW you could not adopt from Indonesia as there is no program.

http://www.intercountryadoption.gov.au/ is the most current i do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate flying cannot do intercountry adoption. oh well there goes that.

And i am with natty i am not keen on open adoption at all. Im also not keen on fostering, i could not give back a child to an abusive house hold. not one iota.

The system in Australia is broken!!!!!!!! Deborah-Lee thanks for trying to help.

But if one of us had american citizenship i would be over there druged up on valium for the flight to the eye balls adopt 3 children and return within the year. Easier there than anywhere.

mysticfalls

Thanks
    Reviews
    When they say adoption in Aus is open it often doesn't mean having face to face contact with birth parents, it just means being able to find out details about each other when the child is older and perhaps writing twice a year if both parties agree but this can be de-identified until child is 18. (In Qld anyway) Also the idea of openness is a lot 'scarier' so to speak when they are just this idea of birh parents. Once they're actual people who you know about (de-identied, no last names or address etc) its actually quite exciting getting to write to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticFalls View Post
    I hate flying cannot do intercountry adoption. oh well there goes that.

And i am with natty i am not keen on open adoption at all. Im also not keen on fostering, i could not give back a child to an abusive house hold. not one iota.

The system in Australia is broken!!!!!!!! Deborah-Lee thanks for trying to help.

But if one of us had american citizenship i would be over there druged up on valium for the flight to the eye balls adopt 3 children and return within the year. Easier there than anywhere.

mysticfalls
    Last edited by bezzy; 25-11-2016 at 21:19.