+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im not a fan. I've watched regular use suck the life and personality out of several people I was close to over the years, and I don't wish those effects on anyone.

In response to the 'a lot of successful people use it' argument, please bear in mind that a lot of hugely successful people are heroine addicts also ... Does their societal status make it OK?

In my house, anything that is illegal will not be accepted - including underage drinking. I know my kids will have exposure to these things eventually, but I'm hoping they will respect their bodies enough to not purposefully damage them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I grew up and was around pot as a teenager and smoked quite a bit back then (over 15 years ago). I havent touched anything illegal since my teenage years, in fact I barely drink alcohol and wont be encouraging drug use of any kind in my household.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tired it a few times in the past. Tastes horrid, smells worse, gives me no more of a buzz than sleep deprivation.
    I get the same thing from making babies and a whole lot less satisfaction. Each to their own but it's not my bag.

ETA: That should perhaps say 'having babies' not 'making'. Wouldn't want to imply that making babies isn't satisfying .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Never smoked it, despite being offered.

My BIL smoked pot when he was younger and he is a real no hoper (can't hold a job, mental issues, living off welfare, no ambition. His poor kids).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hate it don't want my kids around it.
    I don't understand the whole "I'd rather they have it around me" point of view. People take heroin and I'm not about to pass a needle to my kids so why is pot different...
    Its a drug that can ruin your life. It's not harmless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Am I the only one that's tried it and didn't really notice a damn thing? Apart from my lungs going, "WTF have you done to me?!" Of course. Lol.

In brownie form it was different... But then they were really potent, I was also drunk as a skunk, and I had heaps of them because they were yum. Even then, the feeling it gave wasn't one I really want to have again. Being content doing nothing but staring at a fire isn't that thrilling.

I also felt the same when I had ketamine (special K). Legally, as it was used on me in hospital for pain relief and I hallucinated... It was weird and freaky and I don't get why anyone would go out of their way to experience that.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sassy - A 'body stone' from eating it is definitely different from smoking it, and sometimes people will use up 'cabbage' or crap dope in cakes/cookies chances are if you smoked some really potent head, you would have quite a different experience! I got so amazingly paranoid it was awful, felt wet over 1/2 my body, and thought it might be fun to jump/fly down a cliff. Not fun.

As it is a herbal substance, the potency is hugely varied, and there are many different named cultivars within the cannabis species (Mostly Dutch/Indian). So pretty much experiences on it are going to be quite individual. Then there's hash which is different again, and oil...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It was common place for teens and young people to smoke weed where I grew up. Some kids merely dabbled in it, for others it became quite a habit.

I was one of those teenagers who tried it for fun, then smoked it regularly and before I knew it I wanted to smoke it every day - and did. I forgot how to have fun without it. I still held down a job and lived a reasonably normal life, it was just that I had to get stoned every day after work, or on my days off. It was a really, really bad way to be.

Thankfully one day I think my habit just ran it's course and I stopped smoking it all together before I turned 21.

I cringe at the way I used to be.

I will do everything I can to educate my son and encourage him not to experiment with any drugs. I won't be just saying 'drugs are bad' - I know they are bad. I'll tell him what a slippery slope it can become.

If I ever found out he was smoking weed, I certainly wouldn't be saying it's okay to do it under my roof. No way.

I think it is important to engage your child in activities (sports, musical instruments, hobbies) that provide an interest outside of just 'hanging out' with their friends. From my experience, it's usually the bored kids who have too much freedom that get involved in weed. I remember most of the really sporty and studious kids at my school stayed away from drugs.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (08-07-2013),Maybelline  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I tried and smoked it a few times when I was 16 DH used to smoke it , alot. Well nearly daily. Both stopped and haven't touched it since I found. Out I was pregnant 5 years ago.
    I'm not silly, kids will try it if they are curious and I can't really stop it. I can see the sense in wanting them to try around you just like the same argument of wanting them to have a alcoholic drink around you then at some random party. But I don't know for me it was talked about at home and I was told not to do it, I still did it. I will be open and honest with information an so forth but can't tell you for sure wether or not I'd allow them to try it at home rather then elsewhere.
    Smoking it and eating it give you different highs from experience. And I much preferred to smoke it.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I don't know how I'll go with DS. I started smoking at 14, and somehow always knew I would smoke, even during all the education stuff at school. No one in my household smoked growing up, I just knew I would. I drank a lot from 13 and am one of those all or nothing drinkers still. I used quite a bit of acid/meth/speed for a couple of years and even injected speed a few times. I've smoked weed a little bit but it's only ever made me go to sleep. I have done all of those stupid, regrettable things despite being intelligent and knowing the risks, although I did never ever touch pills. And I won't lie, there have been some enjoyable experiences.

I'm hoping to go down the respect your body route with my son, and teach him to value his health and wellbeing, something which I never was really taught to value. But I am by far the most worried about alcohol as it has become the social norm, and I believe alcohol does as much or more damage than any illegal drugs...