+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Just in relation to the illegal substance view.
    There is a legal pot. Its synthetic and absolutely horrendous. Its dangerous and poisonous and I hate the fact that it exists. The natural stuff is a lot better in that stuff, even if it is illegal.
    Yes, there have been a lot of problems with the synthetic stuff here in NZ, with certain types of it banned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Same here, AM but they get around it by repackaging and changing one or two ingredients.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used to smoke it. My ex had a drug induced psychosis and is on medication for the rest of his life. I expect my children probably will try it at some stage but I won't be giving them the illusion that I approve of it by letting them do it around me. No way. I will be honest about my experiences and encourage them to stay away from it.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I've never tried it and never will. I watched my brother get stoned with his friends too many times. The smell, the vacant eyes, the inane giggling. There was one incident where I had to 'get rid' of a bong as well as get bong water out of the carpet. Blegh. He has spent his life with mental health issues as well. No way, no how, not in this house, not on my watch. As a teenager and in my 20s when I used to do a lot of partying sometimes some would be passed around but I never tried. One of the biggest reasons was because I wanted to have children one day and I wanted to be able to look them in the eye and say "I have never smoked dope or taken an illegal drug".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trying4no2 View Post
    I'm on the fence.... I used it in my teen years occasionally. Tho I Wouldn't want it in my house or around DD, nor would I want her to try/use it. I know several people who use it on a more regular basis and even more who use it occasionally... They are all good people, with good lives... Several are very successful.

Tbh I know more people with "issues" involving alcohol and heavier drugs than pot smokers.
    It also depends what they smoke (like hydro or bushies or if its laced with other drugs)
    This. I have a few friends who smoke pot occasionally and others who use it daily. None are your stereotypical stoner. I like the odd joint now and then.

I also have friends who dabbled in far harder stuff in our younger years.

I will actively discourage my sons from any drug use but I'm a realist - if a few drinks and the odd joint here or there is the worst they do I'll be pretty happy!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've smoked it before and am not a big fan. My father is addicted to it and has been since he was 14. It ruined his marriage to my mom and has made him practically unemployable so I would never encourage my daughter to try it.

Having said that, I hope she will be open enough with me to talk to me about it. I would much rather she be somewhere safe if she did it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My parents having a blanket, "not under my roof," rule didn't make it taboo and even more attractive to me. It made it a pain-in-the-bum to bother with, because it meant I had to be clever, sneaky and be able to hide any side-effects from them... that was too much work tbh. It would have also meant that if my behaviour was discovered, there'd have been consequences... so the "getting into sh*t" thing kept me away from most things anyway.

It won't be welcome in our home and it certainly won't be something that we shrug our shoulders and admit defeat about. If she wants to go do that crap, I'm not making it easy for her.
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 07-07-2013 at 19:49.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for starting this thread OP.
    I think my post is the one you were talking about. I've been overseas for 18 months so don't see the physical effects it has on my brother who I know at least smokes once a week (presumably more). I do know however, that he is completely broke and is becoming more and more solitary within our family. He makes a point of not drinking because his argument has always been "alcohol is worse than pot".

Gah! Does my head in!

I'm glad to see that so many people are against it though, I was beginning to think I was the only one before coming on here with my problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I tried pot when I was out of my teens. It was a faze that didn't last long at all, thankfully it passed and I have never had it since. My brother has been a daily pot smoker since he was 13 and is now 35 and it still rules his life. His drug habit didnt stop just with pot either. His life is very messed up, he hasn't been able to hold a job, it has definitely affected his brain, his memory and his entire life. He's been in prison as he resorted to stealing. I will not be associate with anyone who smokes pot and will not subject my children to that either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a huge habit while younger. It was the first thing I did when I woke and the last thing I did before bed, lasted years. I've done pills, speed, coke and ice. I quit it all when I fell pregnant.

I can understand the 'I'd rather they do it at home' but I smoked pot with my mum at home from a very young age.

Letting it in your house is a HUGE mistake. Of course if my kids tried it I'd rather them be at home but I'm not going to sit back and watch them have a cone or anything else.

I hope they don't try it but I'm not stupid and know there is a chance they will. I hope to god it's done in a safe place and they are with someone who calls for help if something goes wrong. But I think allowing it at home is a mistake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast