+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Views on pot

After seeing different people's views on pot on another post I thought I would start one to see what everyone's thoughts are on the subject.
    Mine are;
    I have tried it, just about everyone adult I know has tried it and honestly as much as I hope my children never try it I am not naive enough to think they will not be curious and give it a go. I will of course educate them on the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse. My sister has just caught her 16yr old son talking to his mates about buying some to try and yes she punished him but also said if curiosity gets to much and he does buy some then she would rather he comes to me (if not comfortable with her) as she would prefer him to be in the presence of someone she trusts to help him if he has a bad effect from it. At first I thought she was a little insane but the more I think about it I think it is a good idea because he will get his answers and she will know he is safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    No way am I open to pot use in my kids. It will never be acceptable in our house. BTW I never tried it. I saw the damage it can do.

Pot can be a trigger for mental illness starting.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (07-07-2013),Busy-Bee  (07-07-2013),heeeeerekittykitty  (08-07-2013),IvyRain  (07-07-2013),Mod-biscotti  (07-07-2013),MrJones&Me  (08-07-2013),RoseBetweenTheThorns  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No Pot here. I will be educating my kids are the dangers of all types of drugs, alcohol & cigarettes included. As anewme said, Pot can trigger mental illness/psychosis and so it's not harmless by any stretch.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (07-07-2013),Mod-biscotti  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not any more open to pot that I would be heroin, meth, or other illegal drugs. Completely unacceptable in our house.

Eta: for the same reasons anewme said and I've never tried it either.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IvyRain For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (07-07-2013),MrJones&Me  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am 28 and have never tried it and never plan to, I never even saw it until i met my ex husband at 22 and i did not lead a sheltered life, it was just not something my family nor friends ever did.
    After seeing the effect it had on my family, it will never be allowed in my home ever again nor will i associate with anyone who thinks it is ok.
    I don't think that my children will never try it, but i will tell them all the honest truths about it.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Completely unacceptable in our home too, for the same reasons everyone has said above.
    Just no.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    And just adding to my post above, I have no personal experience but I have read enough posts just on this forum alone from members sick with worry about family members and pot to know that it does in fact cause much heartache at the very least without even touching on all the other associated health and mental health issues

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Cannabis is not a right of passage into adulthood or anything like that. Unless it's used for medicinal purposes, there is no need for it and it is illegal. There is no way I would be telling dd that she is welcome to try it in front of me (or out of my sight).

Hypothetically, your nephew tried it in front of his Mum or you and it went bad... You turn up to the hospital and say 'we let him try an illegal substance in front of us because, you know, if your child wants to do something illegal it's okay if it's in the presence of an adult'?

Yep, parent of the year award right there

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (08-07-2013),VicPark  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand children will want to experiment but I am hoping through being open & explaining the ill effects of drugs & educating our children about peer pressure...it will be enough to steer them away. I hope that if they did chose to experiment that they would be able to tell me.

Drugs in no way are acceptable at any limit in my opinion & I have grown up around them & had several friends & close family addicted to them.

I do not think pot is a "light" drug...it affects you all the same as the "heavier" drugs & in my opinion is a stepping stone to harder drugs.
    I am in no way a stiff but u would Hopee can show my children that drugs just aren't worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel the same as others. Pot will never be ok in my house.