+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Knox is an Old English name. I prefer it to Knoxley.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't mind it but then again I had Knoxon (knock-son) on my short lists for my boys names.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Really don't like it, sorry Knox is better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Apologies but I don't like any of those options, however I do tend to gravitate towards kind of boring names I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like Knox but not the longer version sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate when people say that a name is pretentious. I think it's such a silly and mean thing to say. How can a *name* be pretentious?
    To answer your question OP, I'm not a fan of Knoxley.. Lennox is a cool name. Why don't you just use the name Knox? It's a cool, strong, edgy name. Very nice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not a fan, sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    I hate when people say that a name is pretentious. I think it's such a silly and mean thing to say. How can a *name* be pretentious?
    To answer your question OP, I'm not a fan of Knoxley.. Lennox is a cool name. Why don't you just use the name Knox? It's a cool, strong, edgy name. Very nice!
    You are right...a name cannot be pretentious because it is not a person...I think you are probably splitting hairs a little though because I am sure you understood my intention in spite of the personification.

I did think twice just after writing that I did not like the name...being mean-spirited and nasty is not something I aspire to but...the OP asked forum members what they thought of the name. If people don't want to hear other people's opinions then surely they won't ask...?

I think my response was reasonable but I can see that it might offend some people's sensitivities.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Albert01; 07-07-2013 at 19:25.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

Mathermy  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    NO offense was taken. When it comes down to it if I love a name I will use it. Everyone said they HATED Amahlia and I used it anyway as I loved it. I have regretted my seconds sons name for years now and won't have that again.

This name (Knoxley) I am not sure of. Certainly don't love it but then again I can't find anything I love. There are plenty of names that most people love that I think is hideous. I won't name names bc to many people love them.

I tossed up Lennox for a while but really I don't like it. Don't think DH would ever go for it since he lived in Lennox st for 26 years.

It really is annoying me I can't find anything I love. I am terrified of regretting a name again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It doesn't sound right to me.

Knox on it's own is a better option.