+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Christmas lunch is very casual in our family - 16 or so people who all arrive and leave at different times so it would be ok. Half an hour wouldn't matter. If it was a smaller, more formal thing then it would be more important to be there on time. I guess only the OP can judge for their family situation.

DD's routine currently changes daily but I usually can guess that morning when her sleeps will be. If I knew her sleep was going to clash with an important family function I would probably try to avoid it - put her to sleep at the location where the function is, put her down early or go for a huge drive an hour before so she could sleep in the car.

But yes, I have woken her for appointments, etc.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My kids are all routine and have been since around 4 months old. So after 6 months old I tend to know when they sleep and when I can make lunches etc so I make sure I organize a convenient time.
    As for birthdays and Christmas yep I just wake them or hold off the nap so they sleep in the car instead.

Me -30, DH -30, DS -7, DS -5, DS -2 and UTD with #4 Due Jan 2014

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate having to wake my kids , hate it !!!! But I do it definitely . I have no choice if they are sleeping and we need to be at my sons therapy and if its a lunch or pre arranged plans I will definitely wake so I'm not late or ill try plan prior to get them to have a cat nap in the car or something .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Yup I wake them. I have learnt that it causes me so much stress to organise our lives around their sleep - I do try to be home at least 70% of the time for their sleeps but if they miss one one day, or have tp be woken early, it wont kill them, or me. Its just one day.

I have a friend who has a 3.5yr old and she still organises everything around her sleep times. She literally will not do anything between 11am and 2pm cos thats naptime. I couldnt live like that.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wake them. Always. Being late to a planned event is one of those things that makes my eye twitch.

If I can I put them down earlier for there sleep I do, then even if I have to wake them I know I have got a decent sleep. Often we just open there doors 30 mins before we have to leave and they wake themselves up. My mum has a portacot so I often take the baby during sleep time & put him down there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would try and avoid being late for Christmas lunch but half an hour isn't a big deal in our family regardless of why. One of my close friends was 1.5 hrs late for DD's first birthday party as her 2.5 year old was asleep. This disappointed me as she was also supposed to bring a salad (which she offered to do) and by the time she got there the party was almost over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    School / Daycare I wake them up otherwise they would sleep till 9am! Usually if we need to go somewhere if bubs is tired he will have a lil nap on the way and on the way back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh! Isn't Xmas supposed to be about being with and enjoying those you love? And it was only half hr! Goodness! I would have let poor bub have a lie in on Xmas day too - its also his Xmas day
    That being said, before my son I was stickler for punctuality and would hate being late, or have people com late. Ironically, my dh is dreadful with punctuality so we are always late anyway.
    For me if its an appt I wake bub or reschedule if we've had a rough time and he's finally gone to sleep. For anything else I've adopted my dh's approach - I've found it less stressful that way...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! I wouldn't care if you we're half an hour late at all! I'd let bub sleep too, I only wake for daycare/work and appointments if I have to but rarely make early appointments anyway!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh I wake as needed but will adjust his nap times to our day and he loves sleeping in car so it's pretty easy to organise.

Don't like being late