+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When did you first feel the baby move?

I'm 22 and a bit weeks and still felt nothing- the dr said all is fine and that my baby is just 'lazy' (?!)
    I'm not showing too much no one would really be able to tell I was pregnant from looking at me- not sure if that is related at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was about 20wks with my first. Do you have an anterior placenta? That can make it harder to feel bub. Also chances are your bub is moving but you just haven't recognised what it feels like. Have a nice cold drink and lie down in a quiet place and relax. You will feel it.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I felt DS at 15 weeks. DH could feel kicks on the outside at 19 weeks.

Everyone is different though and as above factors like an anterior placenta could mask the feeling.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    19 weeks, probably earlier without realising it as within a week he could be felt from the outside, and I can see my belly move. I'm 20+5 now...

For me it didn't feel like flutters, it feels like muscle spasms, I think I didn't notice before because I was expecting to feel butterflies

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an anterior placenta too. Try having something sugary and then lying down for a while, I feel more on my back, and strawberry licorice always gets him moving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a low-lying placenta is that the same thing? I have felt a few twitches and mini spasm-y things .. Perhaps that is the baby but I've just been looking for the 'butterfly' sensation that everyone talks about
    Will try your suggestions though- thanks!