+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Totally agree. We also get some strange looks when we say we aren't finding out bubs sex.

I have brought a few lemons, greens & greys. Some of the printed onesies look more boy than girl but will just add something girly, that's if bub is a girl.

Our nursery will have a jungle/safari theme which is pretty gender neutral in our opinion.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Clothing doesn't bother me.

Having a pink or blue version of the same toy though is dumb though. It wasn't so prevalent in 2005 when DD was born... It seems to be much more recent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't know the sex of bub and we've just been buying greens, yellows etc that to me are gender neutral. I think when bub is here we will get some specific stuff but as I want more kids I think it's a good idea for me to have quite a lot of things in neutral colours so I can use them regardless of the sex of subsequent babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try Marks & Spencers online, they have a great range of good quality baby stuff, usually lots of bright colours to pick from which can be gender neutral.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't find out the sex of DD2 & found setting up the nursery the hardest, finally decided on a cocalo baby farm animal set (it has no pinks or blues). Clothing wise I bought white singlets & bonds suits, a girl & a boy coming home outfit, that was pretty much it cause everything around was gender specific.

Some of my friend's bought outfits for either a boy or a girl as shower gifts (depending on what they thought I was having), DH just went and exchanged them whilst I was still in hospital, it was nice that he got to choose things by himself for DD2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It gets worse as kids get older. I haven't found out sex of any of my kids, and i love the different colours in my newborn clothes. rainbow, orange, purple, green, black... But it does take a bit of searching. I also make my own clothes and prefer doing them in colours that work for boys or girls so they can be handed on again and again and get more use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Caboose View Post

You might find this article interesting
    http://everydayfeminism.com/2013/01/...renting-myths/
    Thanks Moose, great article. Yes I'm a feminist (obviously), I like to question social norms AND I have a few issues with the gender construct!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    I also make my own clothes and prefer doing them in colours that work for boys or girls so they can be handed on again and again and get more use.
    I'm actually considering sewing my own nursery linen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank ladies, lots of great comments! I tried to do some more shopping this weekend but with similar results. White is everywhere but still lacking much colour. I'm having a summer baby so was hoping for bright orange, green, yellow etc. I can get a few white or pastel jumpsuits but that's about it. Will definitely buy a few 'boyish' and 'girlish' outfits for the first few weeks when we will be having visitors and just return whatever outfits aren't needed.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1373158326.196256.jpg

This is a pic of our son's nursery so far

And some clothes I've bought/been given

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1373158369.263557.jpg (made by a lovely hubber!)

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1373158405.398243.jpg

From threadless

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1373158459.532587.jpg