+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I agree! Which is why our nursery is rainbow themed and the only blue clothes he has are ones given to him!

It's so frustrating isn't it?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good for you OP!

Pink = emotional princess, caring & nurturing, pretty
    Blue = strong moneymaking manly footballers
    Gender = more complex!!

IMO, kids don't need to be dressed in pink and blue and be given gendered toys from the word go. There is enough pressure from elsewhere to constantly perpetuate pink & blue gender stereotypes without us adding to it. How are they going to feel later down the track if our daughters don't feel pretty enough and our sons are always told to 'man up'? Pink and blue is just the beginning...

You might find this article interesting
    http://everydayfeminism.com/2013/01/...renting-myths/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have only just started having trouble buying gender neutral clothing and DS is 11 months (size 1).

I bought a lot of unisex clothing bundles (secondhand) from eBay. Also bought a lot of new clothes from target, Kmart, bigw. Pumpkin patch and la mode bebe online.

I've found baby boys clothing is more gender neutral. Think greens, grey, denim, black, orange, red, yellow, mint, white.

Hope I've helped

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It generally doesn't bother me. The only time I've been annoyed was trying to find a tea set. They were all pink or had flowers which was a bit frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm finding it hard too because we are having identical twin girls and I plan to dress one pink and the other purple so we can tell them apart! I want to get matching stuff which is fine when they get to about size 1 but in newborn I have either pink, blue, or white as my options. I wanted to get a couple of preemie suits just in case they were born early but same deal: pink, blue, or white.
    It's been a money saver though, because I have decided if I can't get the same thing in either pink or purple, then I don't get it at all.
    I might have to teach myself how to dye clothes so I can dye white stuff purple.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    colours and even prints dont mean much lol, my ds was a pretty baby and even dressed with a dinosaur blanket, car outfit and aeroplane dummy people told me what a lovely girl she was
    The other day we took our daughter to the dr and she was wearing an apricot cardigan with white flowers, a pink bib and purple dummy, her name is Brooke and the dr had her file open on his screen yet still called her "him" through the entire consultation until we took her nappy off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get almost everything from op shops (somethimes ebay/gumtree) so that makes it a bit easier.

My daughter is rarely dressed in pink or "girly" clothes and yes, people usually assume she's a boy. That said... she was once dressed in pink and our neighbour kept referring to her as 'him', so who knows...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dosnt bother me but I've just found these neutral ideas for a nursery.

http://www.cloverleadesigns.com.au/r...tegory/1000678

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We knew we were having a girl and were amazed by the no-option-pink-girl sections - especially at Target! It's not that I don't like pink, I just don't like everything to be pink just because we happened to be having a girl. Most of the little boy clothes were funkier and most of he girl section to be fairly insipid.. It's not just you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just bought a few 0000 onesies in blue, yellow, green and white. Also wraps with colourful animal prints. Owls seem to be all the rage at the moment. Doesn't matter if there's some pink on a boy or some blue on a girl. As mentioned, babies don't care what colour they have on so long as they are warm and comfortable.