+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Why is everything gender specific!!!!

Hi All,

We are just starting the shopping with baby no.1 on the way and I'm getting more & more frustrated that everything seems to be gender specific!

We refuse to have a blue boy or a pink girl but everything is marketed this way. Whyyyyy????

Also, as we are not finding out the sex, it just makes everything harder.

I guess its the same with toys really, with a distinct difference between boys & girls toys.

What are your thoughts? I think my views are too progressive for our environment!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JungleMum For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (07-07-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Doesnt bother me.

Kudos for not finding out the gender though......much much stronger than me, that would drive me craaaaazy!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (06-07-2013),Maybelline  (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm starting to realise how challenging not finding out is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We haven't found out the sex of this bub (yes it's killing me) but I find the sake problem. I've actually gone online and purchased items from USA and UK as they have a much bigger range of unisex baby stuff. Once bub is born ill do the pink/blue stuff but I need stuff for the hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had the same problem here. Just buy a few things for hospital and then shop after. Loved buying unisex newborn stuff, got to use everything twice

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have never found out what sex any of my kids were so I just bought a handful of things then went shopping after I had bubs, family & friends bought a lot while I was in hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, this really frustrates me as well. Though I haven't had a problem finding colourful (purple, green, grey, yellow) onesies at Target, Big W etc and I don't really mind putting a boy in pink or a girl in blue, either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! I hated this, blankets, wraps, bedding etc are so hard to find not in pink or blue! You can get basic neutral clothing but not heaps :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Found the same problem, any piece of clothing I've bought so far I find leans more towards looking boyish then gender neutral but that doesn't really bother me. The baby doesn't care what colour it's wearing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    Yes! I hated this, blankets, wraps, bedding etc are so hard to find not in pink or blue! You can get basic neutral clothing but not heaps :-/
    Yes, this! It's not just clothes, it's almost everything. Hate that we really only have two options - blue or pink! I refuse to colour code my bub once it's here too, it's just silly.

But also don't want to spend all my time explaining that it's a boy or a girl just because it won't be wearing the expected colours. Catch 22!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JungleMum For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (07-07-2013)