+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My carriers: Manduca, sling and woven wrap. Couldn't live without them!
    Also DS' amber teething necklace, he's almost about to cut his first two bottom teeth (8.5 months) and I can count on my fingers the amount of times I've had to give him medicine/bonjela. And MCN'S Love not having to spend money on nappies every week! Oh and definitely swaddle sleep sacks!

Waste: Although I love it, my Maclaren XLR that my Mum spent $800 on rarely gets used. Also the Bumbo because by the time DS was old enough to sit in it, he couldn't fit!
    Last edited by callmedragon22; 05-07-2013 at 23:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Most used items here are:

Swaddleme wraps, these have totally saved us! No more waking up because she's pulled the blanket over her face or hit herself in the far.

Fisher price cradle n swing - dd will often sleep in this, and when she's awake it keeps her amused for a while.

Her bassinet - while she co sleeps a lot over half the night is spent in the bassinet.

Sleepy wrap - only got this yesterday but dd loves it and it leaves my hands free!

Strider plus - we don't have a car so I walk a lot

Least used:

Swaddles, dd is a Houdini and no matter how tight she's wrapped it just doesn't hold.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best purchases:
    Love to dream swaddles and Plum sleeping bags
    Capsule travel system with Emmaljunga pram
    Video monitor I can access from my iPhone wherever I am

Waste of money:
    Angelcare nappy bin - used it for a couple of weeks and have up
    Beco Butterfly carrier - gorgeous thing that DS hates and it hurts my back
    Swing - DS hated it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best - Fisher Price Rock and Sleep, so worth every penny!!!

Worst - Bumbo, just didn't work for us sold it on gumtree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beco gemini carrier;- Anytime LO was cranky or I needed to do some housework or he was ill, it's like a magic bullet. Plus I can walk my two dogs and wear LO at the same time.

jolly jumper: gives me a good hour a day to do my own thing (usually exercise) Priceless.

dummies: soothes him enough to get him to sleep or gives me that ten minutes to get home/give him a feed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ergo! Jolly jumper, timber bassinet on wheels - fantastic for when bub was new as I could just wheel her around the house. Spectra 9 portable electric breast pump. Second hand capsule and pram travel system.

For me the "waste" items were closer to nature bottles (bub swallows too much air so had to buy Nuby rhythm liners instead). Ring sling - she HATED that!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing! Great thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to add

Nappy bin was a waste of money.

Best purchases

Fisher Price rainforest swing. Ds loved it and it was the only place he was happy other than being held when he was little.

Fisher Price rainforest jumperoo. Only place ds was happy while not being held when he was bigger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best - woven wrap, ergo and baby swing

Waste of money - nappy bin as ended up using cloth nappies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just bought a unimom breast pump and it is amazing. I was using an avent one and this one is a thousand times better.

Our bouncer has been a godsend. Just one of those little ones that are about $30. My baby has reflux and used to sleep in it during the day.

I have a toy that straps on to the capsule handle for in the car. That is a lifesaver too because she can't drop the toys out of her reach and it keeps her amused. It has a little mirror on it too which she loves

Sophie the giraffe has been a winner. So has the Lamaze toys we have, the scrunchy ones you can hang on your pram. We have a hedgehog, octopus, dog and peacock. Thought I had too many ( was bought them all) but it is fantastic as I can hook them on to everything.

Plastic links to link toys on to pram, swing, bouncer etc or to use linked together by themselves for a rattle or teether.

Vaporiser- was a godsend when my bub had her first cold a couple of weeks ago

Grobags- I bought me online from England for half the price, and they are the best I have found so far.

Bumbo

Fisher price crib to floor activity piano. It is very reasonably priced and my baby has lives it from the beginning. First she liked looking at the lights and listening to the tunes (quite pleasing to listen to, not harsh and you can change the volume). Then she liked playing the piano with her feet. Now she can grip everything on it with her hands. It is great. http://www.productreview.com.au/p/fi...ity-piano.html

Onesies instead of singlets. They don't ride up and keep her tummy and back warm. I only use singlets now if I haven't done the washing...

Nesting cups for the bath. I bought mine from woolworths. They have holes int he bottom so you can trickle the water out. I also practise pouring water on her head with them (part of our swimming lessons homework) and she likes playing with them in the bath too

I will be back if I think of more

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IncyWincy For This Useful Post:

karisha  (15-07-2013)