+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Your best purchases...

So there is about a million things you can buy for your baby/kids... What are the things you bought that were worth the money & that you couldn't live without...

On the other hand... What is stuff you have bought that has been a waste of money??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My snug. It's been such a great purchase!! Can't think of anything I regret buying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I LOVED DD's activity mat. It was a lifesaver when I needed to do quick clean ups and she wouldn't nap. She was so happy trying to grab at the little hanging bits, and loved looking at herself in the mirror.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best things I got were: baby carrier, swing, zip up swaddles (they work out how to get out of wraps pretty quickly), capsule for the pram, Grobags now that he's bigger, electric breast pump... I could go on forever! Nothing comes to mind as being a waste really...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Best - Mountain Buggy Swift, I love how narrow it is and I can take it anywhere

Worst - Hug a bub, not DS thing, we used it once

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My hug a bub and a vibrating bouncer... oh and my capsule and Steelcraft agile pram. Lifesaver, especially with 2 older kids it makes life easier.

Biggest waste - swing and bassinet... DS3 is 3 weeks old and has slept in his bassinet a total of 3 hours

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lego !
    art supplies
    doll
    ( my girl is 4 yrs)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Video baby monitor. I WISH I'd had one for DS1 instead of the sound only one. So much easier to tell if he's just whinging between sleep cycles and will go back to sleep or if he's actually awake. No more accidentally waking him up by opening the door to check on him!

Second hand Quinny Speadi pram. So easy to push and steer.

Unimom Forte breast pump. Heaps cheaper and works much better than the Medela pumps I've had and has given me the ability to be able to have a drink every now and then without feeling guilty because I had EBM ready to go .

Bassinette. Some people don't use them, but DS2 has been in his since birth unless he was in the bed with me during the early days. I NEED my space in bed haha.

Bouncer. It had a vibrating thing but I got rid of it because DS1 didn't like it and kept kicking the vibrating box. But just being able to put DS2 in it and bounce him and not have to have him in my arms to ease him into a nap has been pure gold.

Other than that everything else I could do without. I have an electric swing but he's not really impressed by that and I so wanted one!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

karisha  (15-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my change table, walker (I know a lot of people hate them, but she's never in it long, just while I do a few chores, and she loves it) and those Lamaze cloth books.
    She loves her glow worm as well

I haven't really wasted money on things, what I haven't used much for my DD I can on Bub number two

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was a hand-me-down, but we couldn't live without our swing. Once they start noticing toys a playmat with toys hanging over the top is great when you need to get stuff done.