+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No it's trespassing. The public school I went to had security on the weekends. They'll just tell you to leave and if you refuse to, get the police involved.

There's also the legal issue of what happens if one of your kids injures themselves.

Go play in a public playground.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    I am going to risk it and head down next week...i just would be mortified to ask to move on and I think the kids would find it upsetting!

I will let them know when we go that it is a mild possibility so that it is not a huge shock if it happens.
    I think there's definitely no harm in going. If you do get asked to move on, remember that the kids will probably only find it upsetting if you look upset. Don't be too worried - you're just trying to do something nice for your kids and you're not harming anyone. That still holds even if someone asks you to leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At our primary school the early childhood playground (Kinder to grade 2) is gated and locked after hours but the oval and 2 larger playgrounds are open and there are often kids playing there on the weekends. My sister lives near a different school and we often go for a walk to the school on a weekend so the kids can have a play.

I'd risk it! Have fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always wonder this, we played on school playgrounds as kids but I know the rules are different now at some schools.

I would give it a go OP, the worst that can happen is you're asked to leave!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My little niece refers to the school near them as 'the park' and often goes there for a play. Her favourite part is building sandcastles in the sandpit (long jump pit!). She is most indignant during the day when driving past and there are hundreds of kids playing there (I.e. the students!) and she is told she can't go too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    so, I could assume that gates open mean no problem?

In my head, families playing there nicely might stop any vandalism...hmmm, might just go down over the weekend and if we get told to go away we will.

Seems a waste for such great equipment to sit unused!
    Our school encourages it for that reason. We very rarely have any issues because the whole community uses the playground so are pretty protective towards it.