+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmm, we had both, and both had ups and downs.

The love to dream made for a more natural position for our bub, but she had a dummy at the time and got it out more easily in that one. It was definitely easier to feed her at night than with the ergo though.
    Actually it varied as she got older...we used the ergo more as a newborn, LTD more from probably about 6/8 weeks until about 4 months, then the ergo more until about 5-6 months (when we switched to sleeping bags).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I preferred the Woombie which is more like the Ergo Cocoon. It's more expensive, but it's much better quality. I didn't like the Love to Dream for my dd as having her arms up defeated the purpose of wrapping as she could hit herself in the face & wake up. She liked having her hands up near her chin in the Woombie, but it's stretchy so that was ok, but she couldn't startle.

She was in a Woombie til after 6 months (from memory it was nearly 8 months). My dd has an overactive startle reflex though and she does it now every now & again when she's overtired & falling asleep (she's 21 months old now).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We loved the love to dream. I agree with the previous poster about the sizing on the ergo. My DD was top tall for the 3-12 month size at like 9 months and she isn't massive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your replies. DS is 5 weeks and the small ergo is very tight at the moment. I doubt it will last another week, no way it will last until 3 months. He is a big bub though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had both my dd in a love to dream up until about 6-7 months. They would roll over in them but I didn't worry as they were stretchy enough that my girls could lift their heads up etc. I also was able to put a sleeping bag over the top of the love to dreams.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We started bub with the ergo cocoon. He loves it. Then I noticed that he started to put his hands near his face as soon as we lay him down. He wasn't sucking on it yet but that was the first step.
    So that's when we transitioned him to the love to dream.

We had tried the love to dream earlier and he hated it. But when used at the right time it is awesome!! He can now resettle himself by sucking on his hand
    I have tried putting him back in an ergo and he was so unhappy/uncomfortable. He kept trying to put his hands up.

FYI I think we transitioned him to the love to dream around 10 wks old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I left my DD in her love to dream for far too long (11 months) but like the previous poster I wasnt concerned as she could lift her head in it

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had the ergo and once dd2 got I about 3 months we needed a bigger size so I brought the love to dream and she hated it and didn't sleep at all so we just had to go back to the ergo she is now 6 months and still in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used ltd.

Maybe buy 2nd hand on eBay until you work out what is good for your bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used the LTD with both boys, DS2 (4mths) is still in it. Both have loved it & it's been a great sleep cue. The whole reason it was developed was because most babies do naturally like their arms up!

Also my boys have dummies but I haven't had a problem with them being able to knock them out. If anything, when that happens they have just started sucking their hands, which is brilliant as it helps them self settle!

ETA - buy them secondhand on eBay