+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ergo coccon VS love to dream swaddle bags

Just wanted to get others opinions on the Ergo Cocoon and the love to dream swaddle sleep bags.
    We are currently using the Ergo cocoon and have been since birth but we need to purchase the next size. I'm unsure if we should stick to the Ergo or try the Love to dream. I really like the Ergo cocoon but was thinking the love to dream might be easier for night feedings as with the ergo i have to unzip DS arms to breastfeed him as his arms in front of his chest prevent a good latch. Also i have noticed the times DS falls asleep without the ergo he sleeps with his arms up so maybe the love to dream would be a more 'natural' sleeping position.
    Both are very expensive and DS has reflux so we need several of them to have in rotation.

Also what age did your baby transition to a normal sleep bag? both the sleep swaddles are quite thin so i need to layer blankets over bub to keep him warm. Where as sleep bags can be much more 'blanket' like and warmer. DS currently still has the startle reflex though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ohh I'm curious on peoples responses as I'm looking at both of these as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds preferred the love to dream. He is now 16 months and still sleeps with his arms up so I think it's a natural position for some bubs

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We use both. Ds2 loves both. I love the ergo tho, he always ends up sucking on the hand bits on the love to dreams, even with a dummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have only tried the love to dream - DD hated it (but, to be fair she hated being constrained at all) but 7mth old DS loves it! I think it is a natural sleeping position for them and I love that it's easy to breastfeed with. I have tried taking his arms out a few times (we have the transition ones) but it disrupts his sleep too much so we are just going with it for now. Will try again in a month or so.
    My sister tried the love to dream with her DD but she kept knocking her dummy out, so that might be an issue if your LO has a dummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS doesn't have a dummy so that's a factor for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe have a look at sleepy wings. They just wear them over their arms so can be in a normal sleeping bag and depending on which way you put them on their arms can be up or down, there is a bit of stretch for movement.
    Best bit with a reflux Bub is that they go behind the body not in front so often avoid being chucked on.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

jez  (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only used love to dream with my DS2 as he HATED being wrapped with his hands away from his face and I found them to be a lifesaver! I used them up until around 6-7 months once he was rolling over in bed then went cold turkey into a sleeping bag and he's still in it now at 17 months.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have an ergo cocoon, I'm not a huge fan. The newborn size is sooo small, it's meant to go up to 3 months. Our bub is big but certainly not as big as the average 3 month old (he's 3 weeks but we first tried putting him in the cocoon at 1.5 weeks). He's already almost too long for it.
    It was too tight to have his arms swaddled but he has now decided he prefers them out anyway so I just put it on him with arms out. I like that you can unzip it both ways, makes middle of the night nappy changes a bit easier. But we have to leave the zipper partially open because if we zip it all the way it's very tight around his neck, plus the zipper would dig into his neck.

Can't give any info about the love to dream as we don't have one but I'd advise against wasting money on the ergo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used both and preferred the Ltd over the cocoon. I have the ergo cocoon sleeping bag which I love I put dd in the ltd and then the sleeping bag with both arm poppers open. You can put there arms on the bag though and close the arm poppers and it's like a warmer version then just take one arm out at a time to transition to sleeping bag it's great!