+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Drowning in my thoughts!

Hi all,

I'm new to bubhub and new to TTC. I'm only 3 months in and hoping like hell for two lines this month. However that's not the point in this post.
    I want/need advice on how to turn my baby thoughts off. I know it's not helpful in anyway but I can't shut them out. And it's actually getting to the point where DH is getting quite annoyed.
    Any advice would be much appreciated!! I feel like I am going crazy!

Baby dust to all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi, i was incapable of turning off my baby thoughts. I so badly wanted a baby, it was all I thought about. All I can suggest is join the testing threads in here. It will give you somewhere to go to talk babies and ttc, and will mean you can leave your hubby out of the baby chat. I tried to not let on when we were in my fertile window, cos I didn't want him to feel pressured.

Good luck

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (05-07-2013),Noelfirsttimer  (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After losing a baby in January and now not able to try until at least next year, I hear you. I sympathise. Honestly it's terrible and really affecting me, I am seeing a psychologist to deal with the loss and my fixation on having another one, and also generalised anxiety etc. I know logically all the reasons why we need to wait as I'm sure you logically know it may take 6 months or more for you to fall pregnant. But it doesn't stop the feelings. I don't really know what to advise other than perhaps seeing a counsellor or psych or talking to a trusted friend. Don't get me wrong, my partner and I have good communication and we have talked a LOT about it but I feel I need other areas of support so it doesn't affect our relationship any more than it has to. You're not alone.

Oh and if you are anything like me, I was a google fanatic about everything when I was preg with my son and with the baby I lost and also another month that I thought I was pregnant and wasn't. Tbh I know it does my thoughts and anxiety no favours to do that. I have promised myself when it does come time for us to try I will not go all fanatic about symptoms and everything else. Just try to take a step back and realise there's not much you can do to change the outcome so it's better not to get obsessive about symptom spotting etc.

I really do hope you get your lovely two lines soon.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (05-07-2013),Noelfirsttimer  (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! I will have to join in on TTC threads! Hopefully it will ease my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for that heartfelt reply! I am so sorry about your child and hope that the next one is perfect and healthy! I am a google fanatic you picked it! And have terrible anxiety. I think I will take you up on that idea and talk to a professional. My hubby doesn't need to hear about it 24/7. I will definitely keep this updated with my results! Xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Noelfirsttimer For This Useful Post:

Colbie  (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Noel!
    I was the same. I tried to not talk to DF about it too much and talk to my girlfriends or in here. Is there other things you can try to keep yourself occupied with - like plan a holiday, house projects?
    Best of luck with getting those two lines very soon!