+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah we are going great. Off for our check ups tomorrow but there's been no dramas. She even has her days and nights figured out which I am loving!

Grizzlebelle...very cute!

Yeah we should totally meet up soon, I don't have any friends with young babies for her to play with so that would be great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay happy baby happy mum!!

Well I'm completely flexible so whenever is good for everyone. We love getting out, Isabelle sleeps well when we're out

Thanks
    Reviews
    The joys of being a stay at home mum...I'm free all the time as well!
    So up to all the girls that work etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,

Not sure when I'm free to catch up yet (or when I'll be physically feeling up to it) so you girls & bubs go ahead!!

With the downs assessment... a gf of mine told me not to be alarmed if the risk came back high due to my age. I'm only 31?!?!?! Her sister-in-law is 2 years older than me (but was my age when she had her first) got a high risk rating and went on to do the additional tests. We don't want to do them. It's freaked me out a bit. Did any of you have high risk factors?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 35 so my age alone put me high risk. Mine came back 1:5000 somethingish, can't remember exactly.
    Don't worry about it, I'm sure everything will be fine and what will be, will be, worrying about it isn't going to change the outcome.
    I know your friend was just looking out for you but she probably didn't need to tell you that as I think that's false. 31 doesn't put you high risk, 35 is when your classed high risk. I went the day after I turned 35 which just goes to show its just a number. If I had have gone the day before I would be low risk but today I'm high risk???

When is your scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Goldie, appreciate that.

My FS said they'd only consider further testing if it was 1/300 or under.

Next Tuesday is scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't heard of 31 being high risk, that's still young. I wouldn't stress I'm sure everything will be fine, easy said then done I know. X x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Jen - Isabelle is freaking adorable!!! Why did she need the leg braces for at the start? I missed out on that part..

Kate- Congrats on hitting the 12 week mark!!! Have you announced it too all your friends and family yet? It must be a relief....?

AFM- Im soooooo tired and pretty irritable too. Finding pretty much everyone (except you ladies of course is irritating me. Which is kind of stupid because I should still be on cloud 9 with the week we have had, 10k and lots of positive pee sticks!!
    Im really not sleeping well either. Tossing and turning all night and just not sleeping deeply and the last 3 nights Ive woken up in sweats-stupid progesterone!

Anyway, rant over... Hope everyone is doing well.. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jen - yeah I didn't think 31 was a risk factor either...

Lovedup we've told most of our close friends, all our families know and the people at work I'm close with know (plus my employers). It's so hard to kept it a secret when they all know I'm doing IVF and are 'monitoring' me!! Once we have our downs scan and then see our FS again we'll announce it to the wider community (i.e Facebook). I've been secretly wanting to do this since we started TTC - I make maybe 3 status updates a year so this will be a big one!!! I'll tell everyone else at work too - they've all probably wondered why I've had so much time off and why I look a bit yuck (face breaking out, tired, big boobs!!!).

I hated the symptons I got during the tww. I really felt every bit of progesterone in my body. I would get serious night sweats too and really bad leg cramps. Think my body is used to it now. Hopefully once you get the BFP confirmed, the symtoms won't seem as bad!!