+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Betty, you just get whichever paed is oncall at the hospital when bub is born, we got dr cherry who is great but I've also heard dr carmen is good too, but I'm sure they are all great. There's only a small team of paeds who work John Flynn cause they don't do paediatrics and im pretty sure they are all in the same office across from maneesh. If bub ever needs admission later then you'd have to go to pindara and use one of their paeds then you would be able to choose if you get a referral from your gp. If your admitted through emergency then again you get whichever paed is on call at pindara (sorry can you tell I work in a hospital lol).
    How fun is setting up the nursery! Hopefully bub stays put for you for still a good month or so.

Great to hear from you Helen, well done for toilet training dd.
    September certainly isn't too far away still

Great to hear from you girls too erinjess, hope your travelling well and everything is great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Kate- Yeah its my sister in Perth. She's very excited now. For the first two tests she was still in Protective sister mode (even tho she's lil sis) and was worried that it could have been all the hormones etc, but she really doesn't understand all the ins and outs and when I tried explaining chem preg to her the other day she had never even heard of it and she has two kids. Its funny how unless your thrown into this world you dont understand any of it. Even the ins and outs of how conception work- its just all taken for granted.

Hi Betty - Its funny that you said "HOWEVER I started obsessing about when it would change from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 to 3+" It was exactly what I was thinking yesterday. I wonder if I would get caught up in that. I did another POAS today and its as dark as the control line. Will post pics shortly. Ive only got 1 FR and one digi left to use before Friday BT day. Then hopefully I can wean off.......................

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1373324128.576056.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my god lovedup!!! You my dear are UTD for sure!!!!! Wow!!🎉
    Sooo excited and happy for you!! Isn't it the best feeling in the world when the line is as dark as the control line?!
    I 'thought' I would wean off pee sticks, but just bought more😜...and then even after confirmed BT kept using them to make sure!! (And until I ran out)
    Gosh, Friday can't come quick enough hey?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lissyloulou For This Useful Post:

Lovedup  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow lovedup I can't believe how darker the line got in just 2 days!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldie77 For This Useful Post:

Lovedup  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovedup that's awesome!! I know what you mean about people who aren't going through what we are don't understand it. I try to explain it to my mum but my dad is so lost!! A lot of women who have had kids via conventional methods are really cavalier about it too. My sister-in-law keeps telling me I can eat this and that and do this and that but when you haven't been through the struggles we have I'm not going to throw it all away by eating sushi etc!

Hopefully the next few days goes really fast and you can get your big confirmation on Friday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ha, I eat sushi because my obstetrician said I can, but I do/did get annoyed when I would express a "lack of confidence" in whether this pregnancy would work and people who had gotten UTD easily and had hassle-free pregnancies told me I was being silly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh really Betty you eat sushi?!?!? I'm getting all these cravings lately (prob because I've been told not to eat it - today I craved cream buns - so weird). Do you eat it from the little shops in supermarkets or made fresh????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah I did a bunch of reading on it too. Obviously the raw fish is a potential issue but a good sushi place will have fish that has been snap frozen and recently defrosted and the freezing kills most bacteria. Then people say the rice is an issue -- but proper sushi rice is treated with vinegar, salt and sugar and has a pH which is inhospitable to bacteria. I have gotten it from the seafood place at Ferry Road Brickworks a few times as their stuff is really good quality (or so I believe anyway!); I usually get the spicy tuna and chilli kills bacteria too (don't worry I only get it once every few weeks so I'm not giving my baby mercury poisoning!). I haven't bought it from kiosks at shopping centres as I don't know how strict their food handling rules are. Making at home is another safe option.

This article was interesting, especially the part about infection from chicken being more prevalent than from raw fish.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/15/op...shaw.html?_r=0

Anyway after I did some reading we spoke to Maneesh (Ob) and he said if it's fresh it's fine. I've tried to follow that as a general rule actually. Soft cheese is one thing I avoid fairly fastidiously, and that's because of the listeria deaths a few months back. I also don't do Maccas soft serve!

Anyway that's just me and I have to admit the first time I ate sushi while pregnant I was a bit paranoid afterwards -- and now that I am visibly pregnant I will make my husband order it for me so I don't get judged! You have to do what you're comfortable with -- my thing was just making sure the choices I made were backed by research and not simply opinion. I've also definitely eased up a bit since I allowed myself to believe that this baby would live. xoxo