+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lissy that's great your work is so accommodating. I've got an office job too (but at this time of year we're out at clients a lot). During my cycle I was able to work reduced hours (leaving work at 3). Felt so much more relaxed as was able to take pooch for an arvo walk, make dinner etc. For the whole of June when I was in hospital/bed rest I just worked from home when and if I could. I'm the same now. If I'm not feeling the best I just go home. They even scheduled me for more office work now I'm UPTD too! I try not to stuff them around and will make sure all my deadlines are met etc. It's a two way street and if I'm good to them, it's vice versa. Makes this whole process much easier. I've had many many days when I've cried to the Partners of the firm!!!

My mum had nausea for her whole pregnancy - I really hope I don't follow in her footsteps!!

Don't apologise for thinking too far ahead either. My sister-in-laws keep asking when we'll go again. I think if you have a vaginal birth it's 6 months but longer with C-section. I'm 32 at the end of this year and the longer we wait the harder it will get! That's awesome your parents can babysit too. My parents have my niece for 2 days a week at the moment. By the time my bubs needs looking after she'll be in school so I'll just replace her with mine! My parents-in-law don't do as much as my parents do but they are older anyway and not as hands on.

Good luck with your appointment.

Goldie has it seriously been 6 weeks????? Gosh time flies when you're having fun (or in bed sick as is my case!!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know Kate it's gone so fast! She's not my little baby girl anymore lol!
    She's already grown 4cm!

Oh really Betty, August? He told me he would have moved by the time I had my 6 week check up. Just as well cause Sofia she's her paed at the same time which is just across the hall so happy I don't have to rush around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies- another post about my excitement (sorry)

My sister wanted me to go out at lunch and buy a digital test, she just needed to see the words Pregnant after everything Ive been through. And there is was staring me in the face "Pregnant" I checked in the work bathrooms (shame)

Lissy- I called Monash but they won't let me BT till Friday as they need to gauge the numbers from that date which is fair enough. I did try though I know I prob shouldnt let myself get too carried away just yet but like I can help myself!

Kate- Im feeling a bit nauseous already, until I eat then Im instantly better and dizzy when I move too quickly but other than that, cant wipe the smile off my face. Hopefully as soon as you hit the magic 12w mark your ms will ease up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovedup, that's how I felt. Didn't get morning sickness as such just felt really nauseous when I was hungry and as soon as I ate it went away. Never felt hungry, just sick.
    Did you take a pic if 'pregnant'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Goldie, seen as you asked 😄.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1373267942.496283.jpg

The instructions say 1-2 weeks equals the doctors version of 3-4 weeks. (So why don't they just say 3-4 weeks?!?)

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovedup For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Loved up I've never seen those tests?? Is that your sister in Perth??? Bet she is excited for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha that's so cool. I never did one of these, just seen them on the ads. I wondered why on the ad it was displayed as 1-2 weeks when I was thinking..you can't be 1-2 weeks pregnant. I get it know but it's a bit dumb, like you say why don't they just say 3-4???? Still cool though

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldie77 For This Useful Post:

Lovedup  (09-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also liked the lack of ambiguity with the clear blue digis -- HOWEVER I started obsessing about when it would change from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 to 3+ -- apparently 1-2 is hcg under 200, 2-3 is between 200 and 2000 and 3+ is over 2000. At 23dpo I did a digital before my second blood test at Monash and convinced myself I would miscarry because I calculated my hcg should be over 3000 and the test still only said 2-3 weeks. Monash called later in the day and said that my hcg was over 4000!

So don't take the info about the tests as being infallible, and if you can act like a normal person (which clearly I could not!) and not obsess over hcg levels, so much the better. I'm really happy for you Lovedup!

Goldie did Maneesh recommend a paed or did you find someone on your own? I did notice there was one conveniently across the hall from him!

Jen I'm 28 weeks today. It's going fast, and my midwife freaked out me and DH when she said that my placenta previa could mean that bub could conceivably come any day! We have spent the last 2 weeks (while on school holidays) setting up the nursery etc which has been fun but expensive ad kind of draining! I'm also a bit nervous about how work will be next term, especially given I have an acting promotion -- what timing! Oh, and I'm on school camp next week which will involve some tramping around northern NSW with 111 14 year olds!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I'm still here, just a lurker for now. Haven't had much luck with our frosties but I have decided in September to start a new stim. We registered for Stampede last year so putting having more kids till after....much to dh disgust. If it was up to him I'd be stimming now.

congrats to all who have had bubs and BFP's!

Enjoying time with my kids these days and been Busy. Enrolled ds into high school for next year eeek! And dd is toilet trained, she makes me proud as it didn't take long, makes me sad my baby girl is no baby anymore

oops sorry going off the tangent. Spreading baby dust! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best tonight TK, looking forward to your news.