+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering about Lissy yesterday too.. Hope shes ok!

Sorry ladies, off topic, but who do you use for private health insurance and how have you found dealing with them throughout Ivf, preg and labour?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm cbhs (comm bank).
    They are great. As with all if them they only cover the hospital fees for egg pick up for the ivf, but you have to have ART cover.
    During pregnancy they don't cover anything either as they only cover inpatient fees.
    And having Sofia, I paid nothing except gap for paed and anaesthetist, I choose to have no excess or co payments.
    If you can try and get your ob to push your management fee due date to January so you can have a full year on the Medicare safety net. You pay it at 20 weeks. I fell pregnant at the start of oct and my man fee was due in January anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im with BUPA and they are ok. All my accommodation cost for hospital visits are fully covered & just pay Gap for anaesthetist bills. They don't cover antenatal classes though but bub is covered from day born. I read through my hospital stuff the other night & it mentioned if you weren't covered under 'families' cover as opposed to 'couples' bub may not be covered if it needs to go to the special care nursery. I called them in a panic last night but all I needed to do was change the membership type. I was already adequately covered more of an admin thing. No change to cover or premium just the name!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also with Bupa I paid just a $250 excess for my hospital stay and you only pay that once in the year, however my anesthesiologist bill was huge at $1800 so didn't cover that which was annoying.. My antenatal classes were covered tho, I didn't pay a thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with HCF and they covered all the hospital costs for IVF and some of the costs for extra progesterone.
    With my birth I had to pay the gap for the anesthetist (about $700 for my C Section), everything else was covered, including money towards antenatal classes, pregnancy massages and lactation consultant. I did have to make sure I added Isabelle before she was born so that she was covered just in case. You're best to ring your health insurance and tell them your pregnant, and see if you need to do anything to make sure your baby is covered!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah my antenatal classes were covered too, not all of it though. I also purchases an oricom respiratory monitor which they covered a good amount on as it classed as a medical device. Also with my gdm I purchased an extra bsl machine which they also covered too. I get ALOT of use out of my insurance.
    I called up the day after Sofia was born to add her as she was admitted to special care. Otherwise there is no need to do it straight away as most insurances will cover bub with no waiting periods if you add them within 2 months of birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goldie I have the Oricom as well and I completely forgot about asking my health fund if they covered for some of it.. Thanks for the reminder :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You just need a referral to buy one, I did anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought mine from Baby Bunting at Helensvale and I didn't have a referral, I have never heard of that.. Do you mean you needed a referral to claim it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovedup View Post
    I was wondering about Lissy yesterday too.. Hope shes ok!

Sorry ladies, off topic, but who do you use for private health insurance and how have you found dealing with them throughout Ivf, preg and labour?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Morning ladies,

I got a spare few minutes so I popped on here.

I'm with bupa too and as I'm with racq I get the corporate deal, so worth a try if your with them. I pay no excess and the only thing I paid for was my p&m fee which was $1000. In saying that I had a trillion more scans due to having twins.

So all up my hospital stay was basically paid for. I asked my anaestetist to participate in no gap with bupa which saved me $800. The babies were in SCN for 10 days and that was all coveted along with the paed visits daily.

Can't fault bupa at all.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

Lovedup  (26-07-2013)