+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! Will have to try chemist tomoz cause its horrible..

Yay Kate on a great result!! 🎉🎉

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm easy ladies I'd rather your babies be comfortable where they are!! As long as I have a coffee I'm good anywhere lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone

We are home from hospital and loving motherhood. I swear we have the best baby. She just hardly cries and then only if she is hungry. Sleep deprivation is fun isn't it... We have laughed so much at the crazy things we do coz we are tired. All for love.

Loved up - so excited to hear of your super great levels!! I am so happy for you guys. When is your 7 wk scan?

Mustang - great news on your NT scan. Did you get some cool 3D pics?

Jen - yes I told flynny that I wanted to help deliver Dakota. Baby came out so fast he had to tell me to hurry up!! I just helped catch her and pass her up onto Kate's belly. Most precious thing ever. Highly recommend it to your partners if they will be Dow. The action end.

We had a photographer at he birth. She was fantastic. Here is my first cuddle. Let me know if you want her details.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1373970231.742180.jpg

Tk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow that is a gorgeous pic!

Glad that you are all home. You're so right about sleep deprivation it's quite evil, but does have you laughing hysterically at time. Enjoy your newborn cuddles the time really does fly. Love to Kate X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Stunning photo, what a fantastic way to remember your baby girls birthday.
    Dakota is just gorgeous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautiful photo I'm so happy for you both and glad your home settling into mummy hood!! Xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shall we just do zaraffas at helensvale then?

Thanks
    Reviews
    👍 yep sounds good

Thanks
    Reviews
    TK that photo is amazing! If love the photographers details!

Yep we did get photos - they are amazing! We had dinner at the in laws last night & everyone was amazed by them! Next scan is 27/8!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Copied from immune thread as bloody long!!! (And warning lots of TMI😬)

Quick me update : back in hospital again, this time that burst incision from operation got majorly infected so was at emergency last night and here for a couple days on intravenous antibiotics etc. Yes you can officially call me a bloody drama queen!! I must love hospitals! (Not)...Can't wait to get home, it was another scary experience will tell more about when outta here (or maybe i shouldn't as it is pretty stomach churning), so revolting when I took the dressing off I almost vomited last night!!
    Wanted to write happy '12 weeks today' post yesterday (still yay!) but couldn't even pick up phone, really should have realised earlier in retrospect that something was up with me, but again the bloody IVF 'must be a tough cookie syndrome' had me fooled...OB said today people like us have a tendency to suffer longer without complaining, whereas women with breeze conception/pregnancies usually pick up on things earlier...makes sense i guess as our pain/tolerance thresholds get higher I think, learning same bloody lesson again as with ovary. Weirdly though the site itself was not painful (until doc started draining/squeezing it) so was really hard to even link how i was feeling to this festering wound. Had no idea what was going on under dressing for 6 days but had felt very hot in face, headaches, exhausted, couldn't get out of bed much etc for final couple of days and even then going to bed at 7 or 8pm which is odd for me (and just needed dark room all day by last day) but just thought it was pregnancy/drugs symptoms/one of those things and could only see what looked like an air bubble under the patch, which I thought meant healing...well it was not an air bubble and kept growing in size (meaning getting better I thought! What a dummy! But the dressing was yellow and opaque so was hard to distinguish anything wrong, and couldn't see any red through it as was told to look out for, learnt today from ob she meant 'anything at all you can see through it', good one alisa!). Anyway, as i was due to go back to work today, thought should re-dress wound last night at home and when i lifted the corner of patch the stuff that started oozing down my stomach nearly made me pass out (think lots of yellow and red mixed together, sorry TMI, infact this whole post is TMI so tune out now if you have a weak stomach😁). When i ripped patch to centre of wound it was like this crazy yellow worm inside of a gaping bloody red hole!! It felt like a show on the discovery channel no joke!! And with this crazy run of events (rushed to hosp 4 times in about 5 weeks) I feel like it must sound as if I'm making it all up!!...seriously hubby & I were looking at each other going you have got to be kidding!!!! Then the scared tears for bub started😔... Anyway turns out it's a staph infection but not the real bad one golden staph. Will need to see a wounds nurse every 2nd day for at least 10 to pack wound (as it is literally a wide open raw hole now), thought i would be cleaned/stitched up again/antibiotics/sent home and the doc just laughed at me! can't re-stitch, these big infections need to heal from inside out and open, so just an even bigger battle wound!! you don't even want to know what came out of it in the ER😧... the doc was great though (said better out than in! which is true) but i have never seen anything like this with my own eyes in real life, let alone from my own body! (To be fair I kept my eyes shut during this part with hands firmly over top!). Not pleasant at all when they needed to squeeze every last drop out. Was very scary too last night as 1st nurse could not find heartbeat with the bloody doppler and we were freaking that the infection had spread to bub (starting to hate those things, mine has worked 1/5 times at home and can't return it, i guess may be of more use later on, but if had choice again would not have bought it). Doc did find heartbeat with it eventually which we felt a little better but still very emotional and scared as they said i was presenting with septic like symptoms and called OB/wazza etc and all wanted me staying in hosp as worried of infection getting in blood****** and harming baby. But on mend now, still had throbbing headache needing dark room all day, very painful at infection site and hot flushes on and off as infection fights and works way out of body (had some pain relief but don't want super strong as same during ovary op recovery need to keep meds down ie. not vomit and hate the constipation - but panadeine/panadol combo ok until succumbed this arvo for a 1/2 panadeine forte which surprisingly helped a lot and combined with zofran worked a treat). Have called dr m as was due to start weaning things this friday, not sure if this will effect his directions. No work til at least next week now. However late this arvo very good news! Baby bear still all good and well at scan, happy kicking around oblivious to the pain mum is in!! Arms & legs grown so much in 8 days it was unreal! So we soldier on as long as bub ok I am happy. Ok, so not quick update sorry! Never is! By the time i pick up phone again i'm usually well enough for a good ramble once I get started, so suppose that's a good sign! lol...Talk soon, best wishes to all cycling atm xx