+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    12 months + 1 week. I loved breast feeding too! I still remember the last time I fed her. We were down to 2 feeds a day by 11 months largely because I found out I was pregnant again and the pain of expressing tender breasts was unthinkable and I was back at work. I started A2 milk feeds at 11 months and gradually weaned her off. She took it amazingly well. I felt a tinge of sadness that she didn't even ask for breast feeds. Guess I'd feel a load of guilt if she had tho!! can't win!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS1 - 6 weeks due to severe nipple vasospasm and skin problems (mine not DS's!)

DS2 - 16 months and he totally self weaned over a period of about 3 months. When he was fully eating proper food he refused all feeds except for first thing in the morning then just before bed. He eventually refused the before bed feed as well. For about 1.5 months he would feed first thing in the morning but one morning at 16 months I offered him boob and he flatly refused and that was it! Breastfeeding over! My goal was 12 months so I was happy with that

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 months much to my disappointment and that was after a course of motilium and pumping all the time. She really was never very interested. I continued to pump/formula until she weaned herself off bottles at 10 months. Then had to put the formula in her food for the next 2 months. Fuss pot!
    I am really hoping next time will be easier than that.

Nmgb is offline No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm ♡
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 self weaned at 19 months. Literally woke up one morning and when offered her feed said "yuck!" lol she was still having a feed every time she went to bed and woke up so 4-6 feeds a day and if she got hurt she'd want it as a comfort thing.
    DD2 was 15 months and I was 5 months pregnant and my milk just stopped. She was the same 4-6 feeds a day on average.
    DD3 is 17 months and still going and again 4-6 a day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS - 13 months. I'd been down to just the morning feed for about 3 weeks. Then he stopped waking for it (5am).

DD - 12 months. Same thing, had been down to the morning feed for a few weeks. Then she just stopped wanting it. Would turn her head away so after persisting for 3 or 4 mornings I gave up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fed DD until her third birthday. I had been doing the "don't offer, don't refuse"technique from the age of two hoping she would self wean but in the end I had to make the decision to wean her. She was having a couple of feeds a day at that point.

DS is 18months and we are still feeding, he is showing no signs of wanting to self wean so will probably feed to between 2-3 years.

Both times, I have returned to part-time work after 12 months without expressing at work. Like a pp mentioned feeding a toddler is different from feeding a baby, your supply is well established by then and they are eating solid food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i plan to start weaning to formula within the next month, ds will be 7mths. Im exhausted from it. absolutely exhausted and have lost soooo much weight. I hate feeding in public, i cant stand demand feeding and doing it all by myself (i cant express much between feeds and dont have the time with a demanding toddler AND baby). He will feed anywhere from 10-15 times a day. its insane. Im glad we made it to just over 6mths, my personal goal was to exclusively breastfeed for 6mths and i did it. He's 6mths 2 weeks and we have just began BLW. 2 more weeks and i will start replacing feeds with formula and express my milk and keep for his solids.
    Im thankful we had no feeding issues from the beginning. It was a great experience compared to my DD. I have no regrets.
    Last edited by the very last country song; 06-07-2013 at 09:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations for making your 6 month goal, the very last country song! That is awesome.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mix fed from 6 months, and he stopped on his own accord at 8 months (was still having 2 feeds a day at that point). My supply was almost non existent by then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS: 3 years and 10 months. Just had one feed a day by then.

DD: 15 months. Was over it by then, she only had one feed a day by the time I stopped.