+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ds1 was weaned at 8mths. My choice as he was a biter.
    Ds2 is 25mths and still fed twice a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just over 12 months. He was only having night feeds and using me like a dummy. I was so sleep deprived and exhausted I told DH he had to handle the over nights. After 2 nights of this he never asked again and we both got decent sleep again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 months ( fussy feeder .. Used bottle and breast .. She found bottle better )
    this baby I hope to do 6/9 months .. I will not introduce bottle at all ( I hope )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ds was just before 12 months. He went from 4 - 6 feeds to none in 2 days as I got gastro & my supply dropped off completely (I had been trying unsuccessfully to get him to take a bottle for months as I was about to return to full time work). My supply returned after a couple of days but he wasn't interested anymore. Not an easy wean from my perspective (nearly got mastitis multiple times after I stopped feeding).

My dd was fully weaned at 16 months. I started seriously weaning her at 15 months - I'd had enough of BFing and felt the time was right. So, she dropped a feed every 5 - 7 days and was only having 1 feed from me for about 10 days before she stopped. I let her choose the feed she dropped and the last one to go was the morning feed. It was an easy wean for both of us really. It wasn't emotionally easy to stop BFing (especially as she is my last bub) as I had no urgent need to do so, but the timing seemed right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 - 8 mo....I was getting ready to go back to work and he got a really bad cold. Seemed a good time to introduce the bottle and it just went really quickly from there.

DS2 - 6 mo...I felt I was hugely fat and was desperate to lose weight. Didn't want to do it whilst BFing and he didn't seem overly bothered by it.

DD - 19mo and still going strong! I don't think she will ever voluntarily wean. She LOVES her bf and especially now while she is sick with colds and the like it is also such a comfort for her. As she is my last my aim was always 12 mo but it just kept going. My next milestone is 2 years and then we will review.

If she is well she has 3 feeds a day....before her day sleep, before her night sleep and once overnight. Now she is sick she is probably feeding 5/6 times a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    17 months, he was happy with cows milk before bed one night when I went out, and didn't really ask for the boob again until months after. I feel pretty guilty now about not making the effort to continue until two, but was happy to have avoided formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still feeding my 9 month old. 2-3 feeds a day (always before sleep...won't feed any other time) plus a formula feed.

Before she was born, I would have said maybe 2-3 (years) would have been my ideal range... but she's not very fond of breastfeeding. It's been such a struggle to get to this point, that it's going to get to a point where I don't think it's worth it.

My goal at the moment is to get to 12 months, and then she how she feels about it. If she's happy to continue then we will... if she fights it then we'll drop it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    3.3 years for #1
    1.5 years and counting for #2.
    including more than a year tandem feeding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    7-8 months for day feeds as I returned to work. I tried expressing while at work to keep him on EBM but my boobs just wouldnt pump anything out while at work. I slowly fazed out the morning/afternoon/night feeds after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    4 days old.