+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How to start????

Hi,

Two years ago I was ultra fit and feeling great, up at 5am every morning and training either at PT or running with friends. I always ate well and had good will power. After doing a 1/2 marathon I ended up with three stress fractures in my legs. It took a long time for them to recover and I really missed my exercise. Since then my husband has a new job where he works away 3 weeks at at time and home for a week. This means I can't get out in the mornings - because my kids are too little (4,6 and 8). I have a treadmill but seem to have convinced myself I hate it and just can't seem to motivate myself to start exercising again. My diet is awful. Seem to have lost will power and motivation and feel blahhhhh! Want to feel good again but just can't seem to do it!
    I know its all up to me and there is no miracle cure - just some hard work! I know it will be worth it too....now to do it!
    Does any one have any suggestions of any excercise routine I can do at home?

Bec

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becster View Post
    Hi,

Two years ago I was ultra fit and feeling great, up at 5am every morning and training either at PT or running with friends. I always ate well and had good will power. After doing a 1/2 marathon I ended up with three stress fractures in my legs. It took a long time for them to recover and I really missed my exercise. Since then my husband has a new job where he works away 3 weeks at at time and home for a week. This means I can't get out in the mornings - because my kids are too little (4,6 and 8). I have a treadmill but seem to have convinced myself I hate it and just can't seem to motivate myself to start exercising again. My diet is awful. Seem to have lost will power and motivation and feel blahhhhh! Want to feel good again but just can't seem to do it!
    I know its all up to me and there is no miracle cure - just some hard work! I know it will be worth it too....now to do it!
    Does any one have any suggestions of any excercise routine I can do at home?

Bec
    Once you get back into a routine you will it easy to stick to, it's that big step starting up again that's hard. With the treadmill, they can be boring, but what about:

watching tv
    listening to music
    sprint sessions - sprint for a min, rest for a min, sprint for a min, rest for a min etc very good for your anaerobic fitness and also helps with your long distance running.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can you watch a tv series whilst on the treadmill? Either downloaded or on DVD? If you find a tv series you really like, then you might look forward to getting on the tread mill.

Has worked for me in the past

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fitness DVDs or wii fit?