+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toilet trained, but weeing on the material couch. Please help!

I really hope someone has a nice little trick for me to fix the puddle currently soaking on the couch (material not leather) next to me!

DS is 3 and toilet trained. He often forgets to say/defiantly doesn't anything and just goes. Sometimes it's in protest to being reprimanded or removed from a situation because he's being naughty, others because he's engrossed by Play School, others who knows?

Anyway, he just went, massively and AGAIN, on our couch. It's cold, windy and not sunny where we are. Last time I washed the couch cover I shrunk it, and replacing the inner foam costs about $200 a pop.

Any tips for fixing gather couch cover and foam and getting the wee out? And please don't say 'buy a new one,' - so not an option!

Aargh! Thanks ladies

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If it were me I'd soak it in a warm laundry sink full of napisan and/or bicarb. Napisan will remove the stain, bicarb will remove any smell. Then sit it outside under cover to dry. Might take a little while if it's cold but it will dry within a day or two even if it's under cover .

The cover I'd just wash in the washing machine in a bra bag or if that wasn't available, a pillow case. That will protect the zip and prevent it from catching on anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!

i prob should have said the couch cushion is really big - I mean the bit we sit on, not just a little cushion and cover. It fits me, DH and DS comfortably so, I dunno, is about 1.25 meters long.

the cover crams into our front loader, but shrinks so I don't want to do that again. Laundry sink might work though, if it fits.

Still dunno what to do about the very big and fat bit of foam though.

Mod-biscotti is online now Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I know you said there's not much sun but I would try to air the foam outside anyway. Even a bit of sun will help a little.

And maybe buy him his own special tv watching chair or one of those mini fold out sofa arrangements to spare your poor sofa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Biscotti.

ha! He has one of those fold out couch numbers... He insists we use it for sleep nappy changes and that's all. Worth a try though - maybe if I got a different one...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not that it helps the couch but my 3 year old if I tell her off will glare at me then wee on the floor or couch as if to say "ha ha don't you tell me off". Anyway at my wits end I spoke to a continence nurse who suggested I make her clean up and change herself (obviously I sanitise once she's not around) so when she did it again I just said "oh no you better go and change and clean up the floor" do off she went and changed her pants and then told me it was yucky to clean the floor but I persisted and made her mop up her puddle with a towel... Guess what... She's never done it again. Obviously when she wet herself whilst sick last week I helped her get changed but the defiant you yelled at me so I'll wee on the floor was driving me crazy